Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2023 -CEL /Limp mode

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Purchased New 11/23

3/24 rattle on start up- replaced cam phasers @1k m

10/1
CEL (p0011) loss of power, rough idle (as if it’s going into limp mode)— took to ford dealer- CVT was cleared of any debris, computer reset, returned to us

10/11 CEL (same issue as above)
Drove it to dealership while CEL on & running bad . Service manager hooked it up to find it throwing same codes. One week later we are told Ford tech told dealership to clear CVT again & reset computer. Told us they want to keep it and drive it 100 miles to see if they can “replicate the issue again” . Drove it 100 miles and no cel/ issues. We picked it up tonight (even though they wanted to keep it and continue trying to replicate the issue. Why??? They have had it twice now with CEL on and running bad.

Are we dealing with an incompetent ford service dept? They have had it twice now with same issue and still no diagnosis. Two weeks total between both times.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Purchased New 11/23

3/24 rattle on start up- replaced cam phasers @1k m

10/1
CEL (p0011) loss of power, rough idle (as if it’s going into limp mode)— took to ford dealer- CVT was cleared of any debris, computer reset, returned to us

10/11 CEL (same issue as above)
Drove it to dealership while CEL on & running bad . Service manager hooked it up to find it throwing same codes. One week later we are told Ford tech told dealership to clear CVT again & reset computer. Told us they want to keep it and drive it 100 miles to see if they can “replicate the issue again” . Drove it 100 miles and no cel/ issues. We picked it up tonight (even though they wanted to keep it and continue trying to replicate the issue. Why??? They have had it twice now with CEL on and running bad.

Are we dealing with an incompetent ford service dept? They have had it twice now with same issue and still no diagnosis. Two weeks total between both times.
I’ll tell you I wouldn’t like my dealer driving my car for 100 miles. It definitely sounds like this dealer doesn’t seem like they know what they’re doing, or they’re lazy.

Explorer ST Posts