Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2025 dual zone climate issue

familyguy

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 ford explorer ST
The wife runs a couple degrees cooler then I do, and she likes to have the temp on the passenger "zone" set a degree or 2 warmer then I do. Sometimes her setting will stick for a day or 2, and sometimes it'll resynch the 2 zones everytime I restart the car.

does anyone experience this behavior? am I missing something? I thought in the climate ontrols if I hit the button on the bottom left I could "un-link" the left and the right front seat temperatures but it doesnt seem to stick.

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
This should not be the case. Dual climate should remain as long as you don't sync.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Are you remote starting or just getting in and starting it? I know that my remote start climate settings are pretty aggressive incase i'm parked outside for a bit (normally in the garage).

If you don't have them set to 'last settings' on remote then maybe the time it changed you remote started it and system switched to those instead of what you've had it set at prior.

OP
F
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 ford explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Yeah, I was/am expecting them to stay what they were set to.

Chamorro85 this is me walking up, sitting down in the car, and pressing the star button. Same key fob, same driver, same profile....

Reactions
I feel Ford has continued software issues leading into the 25's.. there is a known side folding mirror glitch Ford is aware of (I have this issue), plus I have glitches all the time with the seatbelt minders. I've disabled both front seatbelt minders (reminders) and sometimes they don't chime when the seatbelt(s) are unfastened while driving and other times I can't get the damn things to shut up. IMO, Ford can't get their software shit straight on anything.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I've had issues with my climate control too, but not exactly like yours. Sometimes my passenger side blows colder air than it should. wonder if it's related to what Caster mentioned about software problems?