Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2025 Explorer Keyless Entry Keypad FORScan Programming

Reactions
Vehicle
17 Explorer, 20 Transit, 24 F150, 25 Explorer ST
Hi everyone! First time posting on this forum.

I just installed the Wired Keyless Entry Keypad on my wifes 2025 Explorer ST. Part # LB5Z7820555E I have went through the steps in FORScan to program, but was unsuccessful.

I am running the 2.4.14 Beta version.

Here are the steps I took to program BdyCM and APIM in the plain english menus.

I am using the vLinker FS USB OBDII Adapter on Windows 10 Laptop.

1. Enabled Keypad in BdyCM (Hardware enabled)

2. Enabled Keypad in APIM successfully.

3. Performed BdyCM Local Interconnect Network New Module Calibration successfully.

4. I retrieved the factory code by cycling ignition and swapping the 2 keys and it displayed on the instrument panel.

5. The option for adding a personalized code now appears in the settings menu. I confirmed the factory code was correct by setting a personal code in vehicle settings.

My issue is the keypad does not respond. It does not lock the vehicle by pressing 7/8 and 9/0 or unlock with the factory code and personal code. Keypad illuminates when the numbers are swiped and the red LED indicator at the top of the keypad lights up when each number is pushed. I also tried "LIN Enabled" in BdyCM and that did not work either. Furthermore, since the programming was done in the plain English menus, I verified the correct addresses were programmed with the correct values in the As Built menus by cross referencing with the most recent spreadsheet.

Since this is a 2025 model, I am wondering if something else is required. According to my 2025 Explorer Workshop manual, it says to use FDRS and run the LIN New Module Calibration after enabling. I also looked through the entire spreadsheet and the BdyCM and APIM are the only modules that list any Keypad options.

Any idea how we can get that keypad working? I appreciate any help I can get!

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hi everyone! First time posting on this forum.

I just installed the Wired Keyless Entry Keypad on my wifes 2025 Explorer ST. Part # LB5Z7820555E I have went through the steps in FORScan to program, but was unsuccessful.

I am running the 2.4.14 Beta version.

Here are the steps I took to program BdyCM and APIM in the plain english menus.

I am using the vLinker FS USB OBDII Adapter on Windows 10 Laptop.

1. Enabled Keypad in BdyCM (Hardware enabled)

2. Enabled Keypad in APIM successfully.

3. Performed BdyCM Local Interconnect Network New Module Calibration successfully.

4. I retrieved the factory code by cycling ignition and swapping the 2 keys and it displayed on the instrument panel.

5. The option for adding a personalized code now appears in the settings menu. I confirmed the factory code was correct by setting a personal code in vehicle settings.

My issue is the keypad does not respond. It does not lock the vehicle by pressing 7/8 and 9/0 or unlock with the factory code and personal code. Keypad illuminates when the numbers are swiped and the red LED indicator at the top of the keypad lights up when each number is pushed. I also tried "LIN Enabled" in BdyCM and that did not work either. Furthermore, since the programming was done in the plain English menus, I verified the correct addresses were programmed with the correct values in the As Built menus by cross referencing with the most recent spreadsheet.

Since this is a 2025 model, I am wondering if something else is required. According to my 2025 Explorer Workshop manual, it says to use FDRS and run the LIN New Module Calibration after enabling. I also looked through the entire spreadsheet and the BdyCM and APIM are the only modules that list any Keypad options.

Any idea how we can get that keypad working? I appreciate any help I can get!
Email the forscan creators at the forscsn forum
They need your Vin and specific info and csn write you a special path
25s are new, I posted up the indrpth, but no common stuff yet

OP
L
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Email the forscan creators at the forscsn forum
They need your Vin and specific info and csn write you a special path
25s are new, I posted up the indrpth, but no common stuff yet
Thanks for the response. I sent them an email. The latest Beta version 2.4.14 identified the vehicle and listed all the modules properly so I thought we were in business. I enabled Bambi Mode and that works. Got the new spreadsheet from your other post. Thanks!

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I think you may need FDRS at the present time. The Ford instructions say:
"SSM 52795: Once the Securicode® RKE wired keypad has been installed it must be enabled using the Ford Diagnostic Repair System (FDRS) BCM - Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Wired Keypad Code Programming application. Refer to the instructions available on PTS at Workshop Tab > Accessories > Installation > Electrical > 2024MY Bronco Sport, 2024MY Escape, 2025MY Explorer, Securicode® Keyless Entry Keypad."

The application is in the toolbox section.

OP
L
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
I think you may need FDRS at the present time. The Ford instructions say:
"SSM 52795: Once the Securicode® RKE wired keypad has been installed it must be enabled using the Ford Diagnostic Repair System (FDRS) BCM - Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Wired Keypad Code Programming application. Refer to the instructions available on PTS at Workshop Tab > Accessories > Installation > Electrical > 2024MY Bronco Sport, 2024MY Escape, 2025MY Explorer, Securicode® Keyless Entry Keypad."

The application is in the toolbox section.
Yeah, I was thinking about purchasing a new adapter so I can run FDRS when needed. I'm gonna see what FORScan team says first. Hopefully they can figure something out. The cheapest adapter was like $400 on Amazon.

OP
L
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
Heard back from FORScan Team and they can't assist. I just purchased the Mongoose Plus J2534 Wired Adapter. Will report back how the process went and the steps to activate the keypad.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Heard back from FORScan Team and they can't assist. I just purchased the Mongoose Plus J2534 Wired Adapter. Will report back how the process went and the steps to activate the keypad.
Outstanding
I had a thought
It's a new 25?? Pop into dealer and ask why it's not working
I bet they have zero clue it wasnot installed from factory...might be able to finagle a freebie

OP
L
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Outstanding
I had a thought
It's a new 25?? Pop into dealer and ask why it's not working
I bet they have zero clue it wasnot installed from factory...might be able to finagle a freebie
LOL, I had thought about that, but they all know me at the Dealer and Svc Dept. since we buy everything there. I do all of their IT as well. The owner was the one that handed me the new Keypad when I picked it up and we were BS'ing with the Svc Mgr. So it' be pretty hard to pull it off. I bet they would probably do it for free. But I like to tinker and do my own work. We were the 1st 2025 ST owners in our area and the 1st Explorer to arrive at the dealer. It had 6 miles on it. They don't touch our cars when they arrive except to slap an inspection sticker on it. Exactly how it came from the factory is how we get them. Plastic, stickers, paint markers, masking tape and all! Yes, my brand new car is FILTHY and covered with Railroad Fallout on day 1, but.....I get to seeexactly how it left the factory and I get to keep ALL of my Clear Coat! If you know, you know. First thing I do is power wash the surface and foam cannon with a super soft microfiber mit and then claybar. Not a single swirlie and ceramic coating lays like glass! The paint job on this 25 ST is impeccable. Not one bit of orange peel, no scratches at all. My 24 LARIAT on the other hand, looks fresh picked from Florida, lol.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Since you have multiple Fords, you can easily justify the Mongoose. I didn't buy an extended warranty so I used the money I saved on it. For a MY2020, it was definitely worth having. Hopefully your need for it is less seeing how 2025 is a mature product.

You may have already seen this but this is a good resource to get you up and running:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/

OP
L
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
Oh yeah, as much as I do on these vehicles and everyone in our family drives Ford. So this can be used on 7 different vehicles we own. Easily will pay for it self after a few uses. Excited to try it out. Thanks for the link, I got that bookmarked ready to go. Should have the adapter this Saturday. Gotta love Amazon,......sometimes.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Since you have multiple Fords, you can easily justify the Mongoose. I didn't buy an extended warranty so I used the money I saved on it. For a MY2020, it was definitely worth having. Hopefully your need for it is less seeing how 2025 is a mature product.

You may have already seen this but this is a good resource to get you up and running:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/
We even have mongoose loaner program on the 14th generation f150 forum

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The only thing about Amazon is that returns have been abused. I highly suspect my Mongoose was used, as it had a very low serial number and when I went to activate it using the Mongoose PC software, it said "already activated". I kept it because it looked new and functioned perfectly. I suspect due to it's high cost, some may use it and return it after use.

OP
L
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
We even have mongoose loaner program on the 14th generation f150 forum
Yes, I saw that. I plan on using it a good bit on my vehicles, friends and family, so owning one is the ticket for me! The loaner program is genius though!

OP
L
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
The only thing about Amazon is that returns have been abused. I highly suspect my Mongoose was used, as it had a very low serial number and when I went to activate it using the Mongoose PC software, it said "already activated". I kept it because it looked new and functioned perfectly. I suspect due to it's high cost, some may use it and return it after use.
I think I saw a review that mentioned that. I am a Business Prime member so if it is used, I will send it back till I get one Sealed NIB. I have that happen a lot with computer parts. People purchase a new part and return the old part. Scumbag move imo. I've received an actual RED BRICK once instead of the SeaSonic Power Supply I ordered.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I think I saw a review that mentioned that. I am a Business Prime member so if it is used, I will send it back till I get one Sealed NIB.
Nice! Not sure how it's supposed to come but box was NOT sealed. The device was in box and not even in a plastic bag. As far as I know, there are no counterfeit Mongoose adapters. Those have been a huge problem on Amazon. Order a genuine product, return a counterfeit.

OP
L
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
Nice! Not sure how it's supposed to come but box was NOT sealed. The device was in box and not even in a plastic bag. As far as I know, there are no counterfeit Mongoose adapters. Those have been a huge problem on Amazon. Order a genuine product, return a counterfeit.
One of the reviewers said their box was taped. Anyone can tape a box so that doesn't really say much. The biggest tell would be the message saying the device was already activated. As long as I don't get that message, I'd consider it a NIB. We'll see.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
OK, just looked at my box. There is a small, generic, clear circular piece of tape keeping the box shut.

OP
L
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
OK, just looked at my box. There is a small, generic, clear circular piece of tape keeping the box shut.
So was your circular tape piece intact?

OP
L
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
Received the Mongoose yesterday. Box was sealed and not activated. Software installed with no issue. Fired up FDRS and ran the BCM - Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Wired Keypad programming. Procedure took about 5 minutes. While running this procedure, I noticed FDRS automatically handled the APIM configuration too. I did not have to run LIN New Module Initialization. When finished, the keypad worked and I also saved a personal code. I also had a single ABS update that I installed. I didn't poke around much in FDRS afer enabling the keypad, since the plan for the day was to polish the car in prepping for ceramic coating. Can FDRS do things like disable ASS, Bambi mode, etc. like FORScan is able to do? I haven't searched much on the subject and was hoping someone could just spoon feed it to me, lol. Is there anything I can do to assist the FORScan team with the 2025 Explorer? I'd love to contribute and help where I can.

Explorer ST Posts