Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2025 Explorer ST Noise coming from the dash

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST-Line
Just purchased a 2025 ST-Line and periodically I keep hearing a "fan noise" coming from the dash. It doesnt do it all the time, and for some reason it didnt do it at all during the test drive. When I was driving off the lot it started and so i had the salesman listen. of course, no idea from him. Yesterday I drove for about 45 min and it made the noise continually. It sounds like a reasonably loud fan noise, that seems like its coming from around the air vents in the dash. I started it up this morning and it didnt make any noise. Anyone else hearing this, or have experienced it? Im taking it back to the dealer and have them tell me something. Ill keep you posted.
Thank you all!
Update
So now the buzzing sound is going on all the time. It doesn't start when you turn the car on, but after you start driving its all the time. I also noticed that when I press down on the area where you place your phone, that the tone of the buzzing sound changes. Going back to the dealer today.
I would sure like to know if any other 2025 ST are making this sound, I wonder how many other cars are going to end up with this issue.

Last edited: