Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2025 Ford Explorer Order Guide

Reactions
This isn't where you post what you did to your ST today but since I've been on a roll with the new 25', I'll finish up here anyway. I installed a Curt trailer brake controller and I installed AirLift helper spring bags. I plumbed the air line into the inside at the back of the Explorer where the lower storage compartment is. I have a pressure gage and schrader valve right there where it's easy to get at.

Attachments

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Can the people taking delivery of their new 25's share some thoughts or examples of improved (or not) QC?

Im very interested to see if QC is really improved.

Im asking because in the Police community the response so far from those receiving new PIU's is that QC is the same.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Does the '25 have build in heads up display ?

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Does the '25 have build in heads up display ?
Unfortunately it does not. I’d love to have it though.

Reactions
Can the people taking delivery of their new 25's share some thoughts or examples of improved (or not) QC?

Im very interested to see if QC is really improved.

Im asking because in the Police community the response so far from those receiving new PIU's is that QC is the same.
I'll start with this - The fact that my original 25' ST I had on order since February, showed up with a dent in the door from the factory according to the car hauler driver, speakes volumes to me! Time will tell how the quality of my new ST (non dented version) is or is not. You cannot fix the issues out of CAP (Chicago Assy. Plant). There is undoubtly a lazy, uncaring, and entitled culture of workers there. This is more evident with the Interceptor line of Explorers. I've heard lots of rumors of intentional sabatage to those vehicles. Then there's the Union.. Ohh, you want that part visually inspected for quality before being put on the vehicle.. that worker wasn't hired to look at the parts. You will need to hire people if you want the parts looked at to see if they are any good.. . I would love to hear Ford shut that factory down and move its operations somewhere else within the U.S..

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
It's tough ordering something that cost a shit ton of money and be less than perfect at delivery.
You had a bad experience. Sorry.
Would be great if you get unions out of your mouth, along with "rumors" of international sabotage. GTFOH.
You're welcome for 40 hour weeks, 5 day work weeks, child labor laws, I could go on.
Someone messed up, probably an accident. The world is not ending.
Respectfully yours,
A union guy

Reactions
It's tough ordering something that cost a shit ton of money and be less than perfect at delivery.
Would be great if you get unions out of your mouth, along with "rumors" of international sabotage. GTFOH.
You're welcome for 40 hour weeks, 5 day work weeks, child labor laws, I could go on.
Respectfully yours,
A union guy
Sorry you're butt hurt on my dislike of unions. This 25' ST issue isn't at all my 1st bad experience with Ford or with an Explorer. My last Explorer was a brand new 22' ST I ordered. It arrived with the trailer wiring harness lying on the exhaust, another wiring harness in the 2nd row seats lying on the floor, the fuse panel cover wouldn't stay on and would fall off, the leather seats were redicoulously wrinkly and not tight, there was a good size paint drip in the front fender, and one of the rims has a nice chip in it. This was all from the factory.

I am accountable to myself, not a union making lazy a$$ people unfireable. Unions had their day and their need a long time ago and lots of good came from that. Today, not so much in my opinion. I have been in so many various automaker OEM plants throughout my career, and I work with lots of OEM, non-union workers. I have seen first hand over and over the bleeding of costs and burdons unions produce on the companies which then flows down to us the consumers. Its sickening. The VAST majority of companies that supply the automotive OEM's are non-union and they are significantly leaner and more efficient and way less costly to operate. My entire career has been in these types of companies and myself and my coworkers have done well at them with no union involvement. We can go tit for tat all day on this and in the end we will both be in disagreement. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Last edited:

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Respectfully yours,
A union guy
The Ford assembly plant used to be a customer of mine for 20 years. I have first hand seen intentional damage to police vehicles and have talked to tons of workers on the line. There are definitely good workers there. But there are also a lot of really bad workers. Many intentionally doing a lousy job. Say what you want about unions but at the Ford Assembly plant the union is the root cause of their problems imo. Managers told me they could not fire people when caught red handed intentionally NOT doing their jobs.

Say whatever you want about unions but the only solution for that plant is to turn over 40% of the workers or close the plant.

Just my 2 cents based on my first hand experience working there for over 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
You assume a lot. As a union person I see you a lot, and handle you with respect. But that's gone, as your numerous words paint you as butthurt. My ST is great. Hoping my 25 will be better.
All you have are non fact based opinions, that are by definition selfish. "I am accountable to myself", that's way easier than being accountable to others.
We could go on and on, you're right about that item.
My local is one of the best in the country. We existed before electric light. To lump all unions negatively together is naive at best, and ignorant at worst.
Enjoy your workplace rights, OSHA, and OT.
I'll keep my opinions to myself.

Good day.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
The Ford assembly plant used to be a customer of mine for 20 years. I have first hand seen intentional damage to police vehicles and have talked to tons of workers on the line. There are definitely good workers there. But there are also a lot of really bad workers. Many intentionally doing a lousy job. Say what you want about unions but at the Ford Assembly plant the union is the root cause of their problems imo. Managers told me they could not fire people when caught red handed intentionally NOT doing their jobs.

Say whatever you want about unions but the only solution for that plant is to turn over 40% of the workers or close the plant.

Just my 2 cents based on my first hand experience working there for over 20 years.

The Ford plant very well have problems. There a few organizations that don't have piece of crap workers that ruin public and management perception.
This phenomenon is not exclusive to unions.
Cream rises to the top of any organization, union or not.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Not when you can’t fire really bad workers it doesn’t.

I also worked for the largest non- union electrical contractor. They had a union organizer working there. In my first hour on the job hustling I was told to slow down and stop working so hard or I would make others look bad

They failed at unionizing because the workers would have received nothing extra but union dues.

I’ve worked in blue collar industries for over 40 years. As with most things, there are good and bad unions and likely always be. Anybody claiming all unions are awesome is not being honest with themselves. I’ve seen unions working hand in hand with management to great ends and I have seen unions drive companies out of business.

And I think it’s clear who is butthurt in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mo mo no

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Your personal anecdotal evidence is just one instance in a world of millions of instances.
My stories are, "go harder, or find something else to do."
Nobody said "...all unions are awesome." Speaking in absolutes on this topic is absurd.
You take my responses and move the goal posts and fail to acknowledge anything I posted above, which are facts about positive union contributions to society.
I only responded because dude got a dent in his door and a paragraph about how the factory and unions suck.
Again, you can read my posts in whatever tone you choose, but butthurt is incorrect.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I apologize to those who are reading the above posts. We can start a new thread if we want to continue our discussion.
The question on the table is 2020-2024 v 25 comps. 2020-2024 owners who have moved into a 2025.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Wow, butthurt for sure. You seem overly sensitive about unions even when people with decades of experience simply express their opinions and experiences.

Carry on.

Reactions
Vehicle
2010 Ford Fusion; 2008 Ford Escape
Can we get back to talking about ST here take it to a private message or the parking lot.

Ordered Feb 26.
In production since 06/15/2024
Haven't heard from Ford or dealer since. Going to reach out this week as first slow week this summer with life

A different dealer who I bought my Bronco badlands form earlier this year reached out asking if I got my ST yet (I tried to get them to give me a really good deal if I bought both from them but already have Z plan). Sounds like if I go with the other dealer I will get with the price increase, — will maybe try to negotiate a bunch of dealer adds ons for free (wireless keypad, all weather mats, and more.

Hoping to figure out what I'm going to do this week

jaccardo75

Reactions
Vehicle
25 ST
anyone with a May production date actually receive theirs yet? 5/23 here, still "in production"

Reactions
All the 25's come with massaging front seats?
It appears so. I just found this in the settings and played with it a bit. It seems cheesy and I'm not sure it is something I will ever use but it is there.

Jamo

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
It appears so. I just found this in the settings and played with it a bit. It seems cheesy and I'm not sure it is something I will ever use but it is there.
My 22 has them and I’ve only ever used them on long road trips mainly for my behind. Was also a welcome distraction while driving.

It’s really just the air adjustments you can make to your chair “messaging” you.

bradpgh

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
25' ST Today:

...added Husky floor mats/liners to the entire vehicle. Now I'm going to perform my new vehicle ritual of removing each wheel and brake rotor and anti-seizing everything so everything comes apart with no issue down the road. Last but not least I will add my trailer Curt brake controler this weekend.
Do the 2024 mats for 6-seat Explorer fit the 2025 ST as well? I don't see the 2025 as an option on the Husky website yet.

Reactions
Do the 2024 mats for 6-seat Explorer fit the 2025 ST as well? I don't see the 2025 as an option on the Husky website yet.
I used the same Husky mats for my 25' that has the 2nd row captains chairs that I took from my 2022 Explorer ST that had the 2nd row bench seat. They fit perfectly.

I did the same with the Ford brand mudflaps. I took them off my 22' and they are an exact fit to the 25'.

Last edited:

Explorer ST Posts