Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2025 Ford Explorer Order Guide

Otter1775

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
Good afternoon, everyone. Just received an update from Ford on my order:

Attachments

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Good afternoon, everyone. Just received an update from Ford on my order:
Wow that sucks!

Tremor

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
F350 Tremor
I got the same message as noted above

Lil Red One

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
I just checked on my order, Production was slated to begin July 8th. Showed production actually began July 16th, completed and shipped the 19th with delivery to my dealer July 26th to Aug 8th. Ordered Feb. 1st. Am hoping to enjoy my ride this quickly now that it has finally started.

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
I just checked on my order, Production was slated to begin July 8th. Showed production actually began July 16th, completed and shipped the 19th with delivery to my dealer July 26th to Aug 8th. Ordered Feb. 1st. Am hoping to enjoy my ride this quickly now that it has finally started.
Nice!

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Just for the guys who have their units built and cant figure out why they haven't shipped yet. During a recent Ford online meeting we were told the units built and waiting to be shipped were actually just waiting for a critical software update. Ford had techs going vehicle to vehicle in an effort to expedite deliveries so its least you can rest assured its a simple software delay not a bad part

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Just for the guys who have their units built and cant figure out why they haven't shipped yet. During a recent Ford online meeting we were told the units built and waiting to be shipped were actually just waiting for a critical software update. Ford had techs going vehicle to vehicle in an effort to expedite deliveries so its least you can rest assured its a simple software delay not a bad part
Thank you for the update!

Reactions
Vehicle
25 Explorer ST & 21 F150 PB
Seeing these arriving all over the country now from various posts. Just a matter of time for the shippers to make deliveries. I'd expect these in almost every lower 48 state by the end of the month.

DuncanS

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
Just checked today and production shows as completed yesterday 7/22, originally ordered on 05/07.

ProductionBuilt_2025ST.png

Jamo

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I am sadly not as lucky.. Mine has been in Limbo for what feels like decades
1721775955638.png

Otter1775

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
Same here.

Reactions
So.. my dealer called me today to let me know that my 25' showed up that has been on order since 2/2/24. Then he proceeded to tell me it arrived with a dent in the door. The car hauler notified them that it was like that from the stockyard. This is a no go from me. I will not accept a brand new vehicle that will need bondo and a repainted door. Plus, they offered no additional $ off if they were to fix it and I still take delivery. Super pissed off. Now I'm searching other dealers since they are finally trickling in..

Otter1775

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
Update:
So, I just called Ford and was informed that my vehicle has been built and it is in the next phase of being shipped, with an estimated delivery date between August 2 - 8. My Ford app doesn't reflect this information. My order date was March 4, Production Date was July 18.

Reactions
Update to my saga. I posted above from yesterday. IT's BEEN A COMPLETE SHIT SHOW. I have spent most of my day on the phone with Ford Motor direct and with multiple dealers.

Since I was one of the first people to place my ST order when the public order bank opened on 2/2/24, my ST pricing was lower than current ST pricing for the exact vehicle - roughly a $2K difference. I am being told that my pricing is directly tied to the VIN # of the vehicle I ordered. If I choose to purchase another exact same ST that is UNDAMAGED like the one that showed up for me from my order at the dealership, it will cost me $2K more. So far anyway, they won't honor my original ordered pricing on a defect free, exact replacement. They are essentially trying to force me to take the ST that needs the door body work and paint to keep my original pricing or pay $2K to get a different one. WTF>>>>>> This completely defies common sense and any good faith business practices in every way that I can think of.

I am so angry and frustrated with Ford on this nonsensicle issue. Way to treat your customers you #*@% DONKEYS.

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Update to my saga. I posted above from yesterday. IT's BEEN A COMPLETE SHIT SHOW. I have spent most of my day on the phone with Ford Motor direct and with multiple dealers.

Since I was one of the first people to place my ST order when the public order bank opened on 2/2/24, my ST pricing was lower than current ST pricing for the exact vehicle - roughly a $2K difference. I am being told that my pricing is directly tied to the VIN # of the vehicle I ordered. If I choose to purchase another exact same ST that is UNDAMAGED like the one that showed up for me from my order at the dealership, it will cost me $2K more. So far anyway, they won't honor my original ordered pricing on a defect free, exact replacement. They are essentially trying to force me to take the ST that needs the door body work and paint to keep my original pricing or pay $2K to get a different one. WTF>>>>>> This completely defies common sense and any good faith business practices in every way that I can think of.

I am so angry and frustrated with Ford on this nonsensicle issue. Way to treat your customers you #*@% DONKEYS.
Damn man that sucks. Have you seen how bad the damage is on your new ST?
Is it a scratch or something that needs a whole new door?
Sucks they won’t honor your original deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Damn man that sucks. Have you seen how bad the damage is on your new ST?
Is it a scratch or something that needs a whole new door?
Sucks they won’t honor your original deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't seen the dent but I know it is in the bottom stamped form line / style line of the door. The dealer has offered to swap out the entire door skin or replace the entired door. Those are both way worse and way more intrusive fixes than using filler and repainting the door. I had to explain the work process of how either of those options occur to the guy at the dealer I was talking with.. Once he was schooled with that process, he agreed with me that that wasn't a better option. I still have forks in the fire looking for a full resolution with a replacement and I should know by Monday. This may be the final straw that breaks the camels back and I am no longer a Ford customer. I have been my entire life but with that being said, I have had more than my fair share of issues with FoMoCo and this may be my last.

DuncanS

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
New Update! Shipped 7/24, Production was completed on 7/22, originally Ordered on 05/07.

EDIT: Contacted the sales team and the current ETA from Ford is 8/18-8/24.
ProductionShipped_blocked_2025ST.png

Last edited: