Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2025 Ford Explorer Prices Paid

mramella

Reactions
How's everyone looking on quotes / prices paid for a 2025 Ford Explorer?

I have the following price quote from my dealer:

2025 Ford Explorer ST 4WD

MSRP: $60,995

Dealer Price: $57,495

Doc Fee: $585

Total Out-the-Door Price: $58,080

Here in Missouri, we pay our taxes separately when we title our vehicles.

I have not pulled the trigger yet. Still debating. The offer above is roughly 5.75% off MSRP.

Thanks!

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i
Have you reached out to Granger Ford for a quote? I believe they are 4-5% under invoice.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
And they were honoring x plan if you are a ford partner organization
pretty well loaded st x plan is right 65 and some change
ruby red and added splash guards and floor liners

Last edited:
OP
M

mramella

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thank you for the info! I'll reach out to Granger.

In the meantime, for an ST with an MSRP of $60,995, can anyone confirm the invoice price (i.e., what is the typical percentage off MSRP)? My dealer is telling me invoice price is 2.5% off MSRP, however, other websites (for example, JD Power) are showing invoice is actually 4% off MSRP.

If invoice is 4% off MSRP, that would be $2,440 off, which puts invoice price at $58,560.

Now take 5% off $58,560 (i.e., off invoice price). That would be another $2,928 off, which would put my target price at $55,632 (before doc fee and taxes).

Say doc fee is $300, my out-the-door price would be exactly $55,932. Here in Missouri, we pay our taxes when we title our vehicles at the DMV.

Does this look correct? I guess, overall, easy way to look at it is roughly 9%-10% off MSRP. That would be my target number, I think...

Thanks!

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i
Thank you for the info! I'll reach out to Granger.

In the meantime, for an ST with an MSRP of $60,995, can anyone confirm the invoice price (i.e., what is the typical percentage off MSRP)? My dealer is telling me invoice price is 2.5% off MSRP, however, other websites (for example, JD Power) are showing invoice is actually 4% off MSRP.

If invoice is 4% off MSRP, that would be $2,440 off, which puts invoice price at $58,560.

Now take 5% off $58,560 (i.e., off invoice price). That would be another $2,928 off, which would put my target price at $55,632 (before doc fee and taxes).

Say doc fee is $300, my out-the-door price would be exactly $55,932. Here in Missouri, we pay our taxes when we title our vehicles at the DMV.

Does this look correct? I guess, overall, easy way to look at it is roughly 9%-10% off MSRP. That would be my target number, I think...

Thanks!
I believe Granger Ford shows you the invoice price of the vehicle on their price quote.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I doubt you will see 8 to 10% off invoice msrp
4 to 5 is basicslly x plan area
Granger will not hide numbers, they rank very high in honest relationship
Call and get the number and then see what is in your abilities
Around here a few dealers are still nor participating in x plan
My dealer does. But we got our 23 at very well below x plan

Reactions
Vehicle
25 Explorer ST & 21 F150 PB
For a 2025 with white paint...

msrp: 61,590
invoice: 59,255

Granger will be 4% below invoice at 56,855 plus 180 doc fee and 35 temp tag

To figure out without white paint, subtract 795 from msrp and 747 from invoice. I don't know the numbers for blue color.

Reactions
Vehicle
x-plan is about invoice, so you can generally save about 2,500 with Granger, but you have to offset flights, hotels, gas, and your personal time.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
For a 2025 with white paint...

msrp: 61,590
invoice: 59,255

Granger will be 4% below invoice at 56,855 plus 180 doc fee and 35 temp tag

To figure out without white paint, subtract 795 from msrp and 747 from invoice. I don't know the numbers for blue color.
61? What did you leave out for options?
That's not bad.

Reactions
Vehicle
61? What did you leave out for options?
That's not bad.
For 2025, there really aren't any options other than RWD or AWD and Color selection. Other than a painted roof, everything else is dealer available.

Check the build and price, it is completely different than 2020-2024 configurators. That price above is with AWD and White color selected, nothing else.

1722179405674.png

Last edited:

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
this is from ford partner site build and price for X plan
ST MSRP 1 $55,505 x plan $53,350 Est. NEt Pricing $54,945

yep build a price is all over the place

this below is X plan build price
$59,940
with AWD, 0
all weather floor liners all three rows 225
ruby red 495

add blue cruise it another couple hundred
my bad
its a moving target this morning

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
The MSRP on mine was 62,235. All I added was the keypad on the door and wheel locks and the rugged 2 row floor mats. Which I was disappointed with. They are thin and flimsy. Put my old 2020,s bought off eBay and have more structure to them.

So now the 2 rows of Matt's are in garage.

Reactions
I ordered mine the day the public order bank opened on 2/2/24. I was locked into the initial lower price Ford had on the 25' Explorers. A few weeks after the order bank opened, Ford increased the ST pricing around $2K. Move forward to almost 3-weeks ago when my 25' arrived, it showed up at the dealer with a dent in the door from the factory. I wouldn't accept this brand new vehicle with it needing to immediately have the dent filled and the entire door repainted. Loooooong story and lots of battles later, I ended up finding an exact match to the ST I ordered (red w/ 4WD) at a dealer only 1-town over. Ford would not honor my original locked in price since I didn't take delivery of the original Explorer I ordered.which was complete bull$hit. It was take the brand new vehicle with body repars needed, or lose your lower pricing.. it was infuriating to say the least.

Anyway, I purchased the one from the other dealer and I paid exactly $61K out the door which included my X-plan and 6% Michigan sales tax, plates, etc. . The dealer was able to work around Ford's price increase of $2K and only have is cost me a little over $700 more than the original ST I ordered at the lower initial Ford pricing.

Last edited:

f1xedgear

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
That sucks, I also have a dent in my door, which they are fixing next week. Hopefully mine isn't as bad as yours was and it will fix nicely. As long as I can't see it without knowing where to look I'll be happy.

I also ordered before the MSRP hike, but did not have xplan at the time so I wasn't able to lock it in quite that low. A Ford employee told me that I can't add xplan to the price protection, but I can choose between my original price or the xplan price, which was a few hundred cheaper, so I took that. Was not able to find any other units (vapor blue ST) in the West Michigan area so they would not budge on price.