Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2025 Ford Explorer ST Agate Black Metallic Build

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
Hello all! Here I will document my 2025 Ford Explorer 4WD EcoBoost Agate Black Metallic 'build' for anyone interested and, primarily, for me to document what I have done with the truck.

I also have a 2022 Ford Maverick XL EcoBoost AWD Shadow Black that you can check out at https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ick-xl-ecoboost-awd-shadow-black-build.26547/

I ordered my Explorer ST in August 2024 with these factory options - All-Weather Floor Liners, Engine Block Heater, and Roof Rail Crossbars. I expect to take delivery in early November 2024 purchasing the truck at MSRP with X-Plan Pricing.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, comments, or questions! Does anyone know a pre-fab Stainless Steel Brakeline Kit for the 2025s?

Pending Installation:
  • Steeda Pro Differential Support System (Rear Differential/Pinion Bushing Kit + Rear Differential Brace)
  • Steeda Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
  • Steeda Strut Tower Brace
  • Steeda ECU Cover
  • FENFABrication Transmission Mount Insert
  • FENFABrication High Flow Air Intake v2
  • FENFABrication Front & Rear Billet Ford Badges
  • H&R Lowering Springs
  • Thermal R&D 3" Catback Exhaust w/ Coated Tips
  • CravenSpeed 'Platypus' Front License Plate Re-locate
  • Hecotrax ST Pedal Covers
  • Tint Windows including Front Windshield Brow
  • Remove 'Explorer' on Hood and 'Explorer' and 'ST' on Rear Tailgate
Pending Purchase / Development:
  • CVFabrication Intercooler w/ Aluminum Pipe Kit
  • CVFabrication Catted Downpipe w/ Stainless Steel Gaskets
  • SuperForged 'The Nut' 22" Wheels w/ Gloss Bronze Headlock Ring and Textured Bronze Inner
  • Lionhart LH-FIVE 305/35/ZR22 Tires
  • Waido Diffuser Hitch Cover
  • Waido Front Splitter
  • Waido Rear Mid Spoiler
  • Cobb AccessPort
Considering Purchasing:
  • FENFABrication Rear Subrame Lockout Kit
  • FENFABrication Rear Toe Links
  • FENFABrication Rear Vertical Links
  • J&L / UPR Passenger & Driver's Side Oil Catch Cans
  • HoustonSpeedFreaks Rear Wiper Delete

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Welcome to the forum! That's a good list to start with! I'd recommend moving the CVF intercooler somewhere near the top of the list. If you are going to do the subframe lock-out bushings I'd recommend getting them from FenFab. I just like to support the small guy whenever I can.

Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
I’m not sure if anyone makes stainless steel brake lines for the stock brakes, I’ve never seen anyone run them either. I’d replace the Steeda rear diff brace with a unit from ID-Speed. The ID-Speed unit is superior, and Steeda has problems with their bolts snapping. Also, the strut bar is just for looks. The thermostat replacement doesn’t do anything for these cars, so I’d save the money. I’d definitely add the rear vertical links (the stock ones are like spaghetti), rear toe links, and subframe bushings, they’ll round out the ultimate suspension setup for these cars. Otherwise, that list is pretty great!

Also, like @BrooseDaMoose said, I’d try to get as many parts from Fenfab, Houston Speed Freaks, or Whoosh Motorsports. They are ST Guys like us and run their own small business’s.

OP
AMCfoxbody
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Thanks @BrooseDaMoose and @2020FordRaptor - appreciate the insight. Steeda diff brace is already in the mail so I'll cross my fingers on snapped bolts, but good looking out! Yes on the strut tower brace - it's just a bad habit I have of putting one on anything I own! I was reading mixed opinions on the thermostat so this is helpful - that will get crossed off. Thanks again!

Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Thanks @BrooseDaMoose and @2020FordRaptor - appreciate the insight. Steeda diff brace is already in the mail so I'll cross my fingers on snapped bolts, but good looking out! Yes on the strut tower brace - it's just a bad habit I have of putting one on anything I own! I was reading mixed opinions on the thermostat so this is helpful - that will get crossed off. Thanks again!
Steeda’s costumer service is excellent, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much, plus they might have gotten a fix for it too or you might get lucky. I just thought I’d suggest a better alternative.