Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2025 Infotainment System Questions

Jeff98

Reactions
I picked up my 2025 Explorer ST (came from a 2021 ST), so far a positive experience, except for interacting with the new Infotainment screen. Has anyone had any luck/insight with the following:

1. If running Waze under google apps, can it be displayed on the Main screen?
2 if running Waze under Android Auto can that be displayed on the main screen, it seems to show the next direction but not the Waze screen?
3. When running android auto, it seems the radio control buttons are not able to change the station on Sirius.

It seems like we should be able to use parts of each system at the same time.

Tim1515

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
Did you get it figured out? I have a 25 ST but run Apple car play. When in car play, my Waze takes up the entire main screen. The only problem I'm having is a 2-3 second lag on audio through Apple car play.

tubette01

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer Platinum
I have a 25 Platinum, and mine keeps disconnecting CarPlay. Will connect via Bluetooth to my phone, but refuses to connect via the app. I keep having my phone and the vehicle "forget" each other, but nothing is seeming to work. Thoughts? It's super frustrating. My 21 Bronco Sport was finicky with Bluetooth, so I would connect it with a cord, but that doesn't seem to be an option with the 2025.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Hard reset your whole system.

tubette01

Reactions
Vehicle
Did you get it figured out? I have a 25 ST but run Apple car play. When in car play, my Waze takes up the entire main screen. The only problem I'm having is a 2-3 second lag on audio through Apple car play.
I have a 25 Platinum, and mine keeps disconnecting CarPlay. Will connect via Bluetooth to my phone, but refuses to connect via the app. I keep having my phone and the vehicle "forget" each other, but nothing is seeming to work. Thoughts? It's super frustrating. My 21 Bronco Sport was finicky with Bluetooth, so I would connect it with a cord, but that doesn't seem to be an option with the 2025.

tubette01

Reactions
Vehicle
Hard reset your whole system.
On the 2025? Any idea how to do that? The system is all new for this model year

Reactions
Will be picking up my new 25-ST in a fortnight

I understand the owners/instruction manual is digital. I feel like the new infotainment system will be a bit of a learning curve.

What are chances of downloading a printable version of the instructions just for that?

Last edited:
Reactions
Just picked up our 2025 ST yesterday. Didn't have the info with us for dealer to help with infotainment system. After setting up the Ford Pass app, we finally got Google Maps to show up on screen. Since the info system appears to be linked to our particular phones, does that mean that if you loan the car to someone else, they won't have navigation unless they go through the process we had to? It seems that if a linked phone is not in the vehicle, the infotainment system will not function. Hopefully, someone can explain how it works.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I haven't looked on a 25, but Ford has always maintained a PDF version of the owner's manual online, they are printable, but they are very long, approaching 600 pages.

Reactions
Just picked up our 2025 ST yesterday. Didn't have the info with us for dealer to help with infotainment system. After setting up the Ford Pass app, we finally got Google Maps to show up on screen. Since the info system appears to be linked to our particular phones, does that mean that if you loan the car to someone else, they won't have navigation unless they go through the process we had to? It seems that if a linked phone is not in the vehicle, the infotainment system will not function. Hopefully, someone can explain how it works.
My 25 will display Google maps with or without my phone connected. I was reading about this over the weekend, the 25 Explorer uses a full Google Automotive Services integration. So the base OS is Google Automotive OS and Ford is paying to license the additional maps, assistant, etc to be included.

Disconnect your phone entirely and toy around in the menus and you should be able to get maps to come up.

Reactions
I picked up my 2025 Explorer ST (came from a 2021 ST), so far a positive experience, except for interacting with the new Infotainment screen. Has anyone had any luck/insight with the following:

1. If running Waze under google apps, can it be displayed on the Main screen?
2 if running Waze under Android Auto can that be displayed on the main screen, it seems to show the next direction but not the Waze screen?
3. When running android auto, it seems the radio control buttons are not able to change the station on Sirius.

It seems like we should be able to use parts of each system at the same time.
I can display Waze under either scenario. Make sure you've gone through the in-car setup pages for Waze. I have Waze running on the main screen and Google Maps displaying on the instrument cluster simultaneously when I want.