Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2025 ST Observations

Reactions
I picked up a 2025 ST over the weekend, my third after a 2020 and 2021. I thought I'd share a few observations/comparisons.

1) Like others, I wasn't impressed by the new grille or wheels. In person, both look better than the photos. I actually like the grille. My salesman pointed out that the wheels looked best on the grey; I agree.

2) Stock ride quality is excellent...feels somewhat better than my last two STs.

3) The transmission definitely feels smoother.

4) The new Google-based display is excellent. Everything is snappy with no delays between options. I like buttons for things like the AC and stereo, but the AC controls are always across the bottom of the screen and there's no delay in accessing any functions. I love that there's an app now for bringing up weather maps with radar/satellite.

5) The new B&O stereo sounds better than the old.

6) The seats are more comfortable though the fabric material looks and feels cheap. I may get seatcovers as I know my kids are going to mess these up.

7) The rear windows on these have a 24% tint as opposed to the prior models I owned which were 17%. Sucks as I was pretty happy with 17% but felt I needed to spend the extra money tinting all the way around on this one. Did 15% across every window.

8) Overall the interior is nicer, however...there are some elements that feel cheap/plain compared to prior versions. The center console between the front seats is just black...it looks like something out of a base Honda.

9) My biggest peeve to date is the digital instrument cluster. Gone are the animations and display styles that let you know what driving mode you're in. It's very plain now...and the layout is uninspiring. The map overlay is cool but it would serve much better if it allowed Google maps on one screen and Waze on the other. I haven't been able to do that.

I probably won't do much to this car unless someone unlocks the ECU. I am going to delete the roof rails as my 21 came that way and I liked the look. I'll probably add a Steeda rear sway...no plans for exhaust or other mods at the moment.

20240917_143411.jpg