Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

360 Camera disabled. Why? What’s the fix?

Reactions
I took my 2024 Exployer st in today for it's first oil change and inquired about the 360 camera they said as far as they know they're is no fix WTH
Because its not broken since you dont have one on your SUV to begin with......

Its not a firmware fix, the hardware just isnt there physically...

Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Yes, they are. The title of the thread is misleading--the 360 camera system has not been DISABLED. It simply doesn't have the feature, even if parts may be present like the handsfree rear liftgate.
I understand that I was wondering what point @rgdean1957 was referring to. In that case:
I contacted Ford and spoke with them about this safety problem with the cameras not working. They said that they would not be fixing the camera problems. I told them that that wasn’t what I was told when I bought this vehicle. I was told that as soon as Ford fixed the software issues that I could get the cameras all working, for the $500 credit they gave off the selling price of the vehicle. I’ve been ready to pay the $500 anytime to get this safety feature working. If I have an accident, because I can’t see with these cameras, Ford will be held accountable for everything.
Never has Ford publicly said that they will install 360-degree cameras on vehicles that had them deleted. Anyone that told you otherwise is spewing misinformation. I can’t even start to understand how you can say Ford would be accountable for anything that you do on your end. Ford told you that it was deleted by showing it on the sticker. Hate to be that guy, but can’t blame Ford if you get in an accident because of your inability to drive without cameras that are only available at low speeds.