Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

7pin trailer harness issue

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer ST
Hopefully someone has some insight into this. On my ‘21 explorer st with tow package the center pin, which is the reverse lights pin on a trailer is getting no power. I have checked all the fuses in the fuse box for all of the trailer lights. I even checked for continuity on each of the fuses and that is also good. I get the correct voltage with the brake lights, turn signals, and constant 12 V but I get no power at that center pin. I also am not getting any continuity on that center pin so I’m not sure where I would check at this point to see if it’s even correctly connected. And everything I have looked for to find the problem shows a purple to that center pin. Mine is a smaller gray wire. I even read somewhere that it needed to be actually connected to the trailer to get the voltage but I even tried that and also put it in tow mode. Maybe that would do something. Unfortunately, I’m at a loss.