Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

800+ awhp single turbo Explorer ST

Reactions
The world's first 800+ awhp ST! This project has been challenging, to say the least, but after getting the transmission built, Steven Adams finally put the single turbo ST on the dyno! We hit the goal of having a 700+ awhp single turbo fully integrated into the factory calibration, including boost control and controlling the power levels by drive mode with a DMS tune! Now it's time to refine the setup by changing out to a smaller turbo and swapping the converter again. Smaller turbo should give us a little bit more user-friendly power band. The current setup is making 30 psi by 5100, hoping to drop that 500 rpm.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
The world's first 800+ awhp ST! This project has been challenging, to say the least, but after getting the transmission built, Steven Adams finally put the single turbo ST on the dyno! We hit the goal of having a 700+ awhp single turbo fully integrated into the factory calibration, including boost control and controlling the power levels by drive mode with a DMS tune! Now it's time to refine the setup by changing out to a smaller turbo and swapping the converter again. Smaller turbo should give us a little bit more user-friendly power band. The current setup is making 30 psi by 5100, hoping to drop that 500 rpm.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
I know he’s going to switch out his turbo for one that spools up faster so excited to see those numbers too! Awesome work.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Impressive. Great power out of a 3.0 liter engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Built internals i assume?
Actually I think he is still on stock internals.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Actually I think he is still on stock internals.
Hmm
So now lower end or head work?
Intriguing to build this, but is this vehicle going on a road course or some other kind of racing sports?
I would imagine the lightness of the explorer
Could be a handful in traffic etc
And did I read 2nd converter rebuild or tweak

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Hmm
So now lower end or head work?
Intriguing to build this, but is this vehicle going on a road course or some other kind of racing sports?
I would imagine the lightness of the explorer
Could be a handful in traffic etc
And did I read 2nd converter rebuild or tweak
I don’t his intentions with it, but I do know I saw him say it was stock engine, just a really big single turbo. These vehicles are still heavy too though, I think we’re pretty close to 5000 pounds loaded.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I don’t his intentions with it, but I do know I saw him say it was stock engine, just a really big single turbo. These vehicles are still heavy too though, I think we’re pretty close to 5000 pounds loaded.
i weighed mine right after we got it a smidgen under 4900, with extra floor covers and the rubber mats and 3/4 fuel
yes its heavy
my f150 is 6400 as it sits in the driveway

Last edited:

Explorer ST Posts