Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Accel/Decel "Rumble"

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hello all, new to the thread. I just purchased a used 2020 ST 2 weeks ago and have started noticing a fairly harsh rumble when I accelerate (normally) from a stop, or even a rolling start. Seems to be around a certain RPM, maybe 1300-1500 if i had to guess. The rumble also occurs on deceleration, at the same RPM. I read a lot about the flex pipes, but im not sure if that is the cause. The entire pipe on the driver side is rumbling upon startup, and I can tell by the sound that it is the same rattle that I am experiencing while driving. What could the diagnosis be?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
could be the flex section has a leak. Could be tha catalytic converter downpipes have a leak. could be a leak in another part of the exhaust. All 3 are fairly common for a MY2020

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Welcome to the forum! Good to see another Mass resident ST owner here. As stated above, it could be you have a cracked/broken weld at the converter in the down pipe. Very common issue.

OP
F

flintoh

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Thank you for the replies. Going into the shop on the 21st for the techs to have a look, will keep this post updated.

Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Hello all, new to the thread. I just purchased a used 2020 ST 2 weeks ago and have started noticing a fairly harsh rumble when I accelerate (normally) from a stop, or even a rolling start. Seems to be around a certain RPM, maybe 1300-1500 if i had to guess. The rumble also occurs on deceleration, at the same RPM. I read a lot about the flex pipes, but im not sure if that is the cause. The entire pipe on the driver side is rumbling upon startup, and I can tell by the sound that it is the same rattle that I am experiencing while driving. What could the diagnosis be?
Sounds definitely like the flex pipes.