Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

AFR's under boost (Solved)

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 FORD Explorer ST
Just curious what people are seeing, finally got my access port loaded up, have not loaded my Goose Tune yet, was playing with the OTS maps a bit, I was watching the AFRs in B1,B2 and she seems lean under load at 17psi.

So I figured I would ask. What do you typically see your AFRs at under a load with boost?

Coming from a different background I'm use to seeing 11s or low 12s. Feel like she is trying to maintain 14s even in a pull.

Or am I using wrong monitor for this thing lol

Last edited:
OP
SparxX
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 FORD Explorer ST
Thread Starter #2
Anyone?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
I have not monitored any data while driving my ST, and I don't drive it hard enough to worry about it. But how does it feel under acceleration are there any conerns? Does it feel strong or is there any hesitation? Some fuel injected engines run perfect a little on the lean side as long as there's enough fuel to support the horsepower. The pcm will pull back the timing if it's lean enough to cause detonation and you would notice that as a loss of power under load. Any decent tune will make sure there's plenty of fuel to support the power or engine damage can occur. Hopefully someone with data to support what you're seeing will reply.

OP
SparxX
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 FORD Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
I have not monitored any data while driving my ST, and I don't drive it hard enough to worry about it. But how does it feel under acceleration are there any conerns? Does it feel strong or is there any hesitation? Some fuel injected engines run perfect a little on the lean side as long as there's enough fuel to support the horsepower. The pcm will pull back the timing if it's lean enough to cause detonation and you would notice that as a loss of power under load. Any decent tune will make sure there's plenty of fuel to support the power or engine damage can occur. Hopefully someone with data to support what you're seeing will reply.
Yah I just had her E tuned with goose, it's solid. AFRs were not mentioned to be a problem.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
The AFR will maintain stoic for as long as possible, even at wot until it “needs” to run a bit richer in pseudo open-loop. It is never in real open loop. So, if Winfield set up your tune, its perfect.

If you're running gasoline the AFR monitor is “Actual” based on 14.08 stoic w/10% Ethanol pump gas. If running any E-tune(e50, etc) the Actual will still read 14.08/7 for stoic even though the “Set” AFR is around 11.8/12ish.

Last edited: