Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Almost time to replace 21" Pirellis any recommendation?

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Any Northern Tier reports on the LH's, anyone driven them thru some NoDak or Minnesota winters?

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Any Northern Tier reports on the LH's, anyone driven them thru some NoDak or Minnesota winters?
Bruce at Superforged said they were horrible in the snow.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Has anyone tried Lexani’s in snow?

Diamondave

Reactions
On my second set of Lionhart LH-Five’s and will buy a 3rd when I wear these out. Don’t let the name or the price fool ya…there’s a reason these tires have such a huge following online. I’d go with a 295/40/21 and fill out that wheel well more. That size tire fits the factory 21 great.
Looking at the Lionhart's 295/40/21.....my ST has H&R Springs and my question is will these fit w/o rubbing? A side-view pic of an ST lowered with these tires would be great. TIA

bltinlvnv

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Michelin‘s only.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
Looking at the Lionhart's 295/40/21.....my ST has H&R Springs and my question is will these fit w/o rubbing? A side-view pic of an ST lowered with these tires would be great. TIA
based on research from this forum the short answer is yes. The H&R springs only lowers by or less than 2inches, if i'm not mistaken. considering the tire size and girth are well within threshold i strongly believe you'll be fine. Let's see what others say on here.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
You’ll be perfectly fine.
based on research from this forum the short answer is yes. The H&R springs only lowers by or less than 2inches, if i'm not mistaken. considering the tire size and girth are well within threshold i strongly believe you'll be fine. Let's see what others say on here.
Even on Eibachs he would be fine.

2020is

Reactions

Attachments

2020is

Reactions
Have loved these tires since mounting but am pushing wear limits at 30k miles. Michelin PS AS4 - will talk to shop about credit - friend at dealership was recommending the Bridgestone Alenza A/S Ultra

MN Guy

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I ended up getting the Yokohamas and have put about a thousand miles on them so far, all types of driving. Here’s my overly critical review of them so far.

The Yokos feel much softer than the Pirellis so the overall ride comfort increased quite a bit, but it certainly feels less “sporty” with the slightly looser steering feel due to either the tall tread blocks, the increased sidewalk flex, or both. Felt like swapping out the summer tires for the Blizzaks - noticeably less responsive. I’ve been playing with pressures a bit because at the recommended 33psi they appeared kind of flat (just gets my anxiety ripping) and would pogo.

When really throwing it into a corner there’s a momentary lack of confidence until the tires set but once they do, these things really grip! We’ve had a record year for rain here in Minnesota as well so I’ve really been able to test their wet weather capabilities and they perform very well in this space. I’ve tried to get them to hydroplane around town and they won’t have it. I try to break them free under spirited driving, and you really have be in gas to get them to squirm.

Overall, I’m happy with the purchase.

Blaster7Romeo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I got a set of the Yokohamas about 10 months ago. no complaints.

Coffeehouse

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I replaced the original Pirellis with the Scorpion Weatheractive, very satisfied with them thus far.
Thanks Sadeen - I'm comparing this to the Mich's which have a lot of popularity on this site. :)