Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone have a 25 ST yet?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Headlights do illuminate to the side when turning the vehicle.
Yes, you have/had auto high beams set to operate in the main menu. This function van be turned off.

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i
You sure its not auto high beam?

They dont, it is only a Platinum feature. ST has Projection Lamps, Platinum has Adaptive Headlamps. Its stated on their ordering guide. Not an option either.

At least this time around, the ST has projector housings, something the previous ST lacked as well. So lights should be brighter.

I thought most trims of the Explorer have LED reflectors, not projectors?

Reactions
Positive. They were on auto. They faded back to on once dark again.
I had projectors on my F150. So I know there is a difference.
I’ll try get some shots. Btw, look at that lower tier row of lights under the headlight housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Auto high beam is different from auto headlights. The high beams turn on automatically when its dark and there's no lights/reflectors in front of you and go back to regular beams once lights are detected. Pretty positive that's what you experienced. Previous Explorers had that as well, they needed to be turned on, button was on the turning signal lever i believe.

I thought most trims of the Explorer have LED reflectors, not projectors?
Yes, all trims from previous model had LED reflectors except for KR/Platinum, they had LED projectors.

This time around, looks like the ST got LED projectors as well, so nice plus. Lights are brighter, fuller, and produce less glare vs reflectors.

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i
Auto high beam is different from auto headlights. The high beams turn on automatically when its dark and there's no lights/reflectors in front of you and go back to regular beams once lights are detected. Pretty positive that's what you experienced. Previous Explorers had that as well, they needed to be turned on, button was on the turning signal lever i believe.

Yes, all trims from previous model had LED reflectors except for KR/Platinum, they had LED projectors.

This time around, looks like the ST got LED projectors as well, so nice plus. Lights are brighter, fuller, and produce less glare vs reflectors.
Are you sure?

These look like reflectors for the ST.

1724518680728.png

It also doesn't appear to be specifically mentioned in the 2025 Order Guide:

1724518837232.png

Lil Red One

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
Picked up mine July 29th. Have put about 1400 mi on it so far. Currently is in getting Clear Bra and ceramic window tint all around including windshield and sun roof. Headlights are projector on mine. They do the weird sidelight thing when the steering wheel turns when it is dark. Really caught me off guard the first time. So far really loving it. Like the google/android car system and sound is pretty good considering I am coming from a vehicle with a custom show sound. Love the ride and the quick throttle response.

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i
Picked up mine July 29th. Have put about 1400 mi on it so far. Currently is in getting Clear Bra and ceramic window tint all around including windshield and sun roof. Headlights are projector on mine. They do the weird sidelight thing when the steering wheel turns when it is dark. Really caught me off guard the first time. So far really loving it. Like the google/android car system and sound is pretty good considering I am coming from a vehicle with a custom show sound. Love the ride and the quick throttle response.
Would you be able to take a close picture of the headlight assembly?

Lil Red One

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
Can on Monday when it comes back from the shop. Be happy to.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i
Under Safety/Security is says ST Projection Lamps.
Yeah, but the way I read it is that it applies to the sideview mirrors, not the front headlamp assembly:

1724538221754.png

On the 2024 F150 Order Guide, starting with the Lariat trim, it specifies that it has LED Projector headlights under the "Exterior" section:

1724538344123.png

... I just don't see the 2025 Explorer Order Guide being explicit about the ST trim having LED projector headlights.

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST 400a

I think Im being misunderstood. I understand the functions and all references.
I’m trying to explain the slow fade between switching. Hard to video it where I was. Need a camera person, lol.

Mackdaddy

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Picked mine up Wednesday, so much smoother than my 22 or 23 STs, had back to back carbonized gray ones, so it was time for a color change , so I went with the metallic white, which pops , so far, the tranny is nice and smooth, going to put a few miles on it before I put some stuff on it, but HR springs new have been in my garage just waiting and I want to do the roof rail delete too, but it's fast enough for me stock.

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
The best pics I an get
Definitely reflectors and not projectors.
I personally like the 2020-2024 headlights.
I like the darker look of them.

Reactions
I agree, the puddle lights on the side mirror project “ST” to the ground.

Yeah, but the way I read it is that it applies to the sideview mirrors, not the front headlamp assembly:

View attachment 24737

On the 2024 F150 Order Guide, starting with the Lariat trim, it specifies that it has LED Projector headlights under the "Exterior" section:

View attachment 24738

... I just don't see the 2025 Explorer Order Guide being explicit about the ST trim having LED projector headlights.

Dandruff

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
Picked up Rapid Red ST from dealer 8/23. Have changed out rear oval for black, looking for instructions for changing out the front one as well. Same as 23 and 24 or different? Thanks

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i
Reactions
Are you sure?

These look like reflectors for the ST.

View attachment 24725

It also doesn't appear to be specifically mentioned in the 2025 Order Guide:

View attachment 24726
Looks like you're correct, they're for the side mirrors.
Ford once again undercutting the ST. Dont understand why they dont just add the same lights to both trims. Its a nice plus to have

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i
Looks like you're correct, they're for the side mirrors.
Ford once again undercutting the ST. Dont understand why they dont just add the same lights to both trims. Its a nice plus to have
Absolutely.

Ford held back on the Explorer and Expedition in this regard. I think GM now uses LED projectors across the entire Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon lines.

But GM doesn't have a legitimate competitor to the Explorer in this segment.

kbarszczak

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 explorer ST
Hello, I have never jumped in before. Have a 25 ST coming in next couple weeks. Been waiting since ordered end of April. Anyway, just curious if anyone is driving one yet and how all changes, improvements are? I know mine has been delayed by big Jim’s “Quality Checks”
let me know please.
TU
Yes just brought one home 3 days ago