Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone willing to help confirm my potential setup specs?

Reactions
Hey guys! After some research I was able to find a rim and tire setup that I like. I'm hoping that I'm right regarding the specs for my 2020 explorer ST with street pack. Will be downsizing to a 20" and then moving to a 10.5" wide rim. Hoping this setup will get me more flush than stock.

The wheel I'm looking at has the following specs. Rim is Touren TR91. 20x10.5 +35 offset 5x114.3mm 72.6mm with either 285 or 295/50/R20 tires

The website I'm ordering from is stating the wheels will not fit the Explorer ST but I'm assuming that's only due to the hub bore being 72.6mm compared to stock 70.5mm. From my research I would just need to purchase a 70.5mm to 72.6mm hub centric rings.

Unfortunately there's not many photos of 20x10.5 setups on here. Can anyone confirm that as long as I have the hub centric rings I should be able to mount these rims? Also is there any difference between the materials used for the hub centric rings? Aluminum vs polycarbonate...etc

Thanks!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yes, those wheels will fit fine. I just bought 20x10.5 TSW wheels with a +30 offset and 76.1 hub bore and no issues. Grab a set of polycarbonate hubcentric rings and you will be all set. I went with a 295/45/20 tire which keeps the diameter very close to the stock 21” tire.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Yes, those wheels will fit fine. I just bought 20x10.5 TSW wheels with a +30 offset and 76.1 hub bore and no issues. Grab a set of polycarbonate hubcentric rings and you will be all set. I went with a 295/45/20 tire which keeps the diameter very close to the stock 21” tire.
Thanks! Do you have an any pics of your set up? How flush did it get?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Tire height will be fine and less likely to rub with the +35 offset vs the normal +30. They will sit roughly 1/4” further in though.
Personally…I’d find a wheel they doesn’t need hub rings. If you’re spending the money to go aftermarket buy properly fitting wheels.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My wheels are lug centric and fit just fine. Yes, the bore is slightly larger but I added the rings to fill that gap. The wheels are perfectly centered and with proper torque they aren’t going anywhere.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
My wheels are lug centric and fit just fine. Yes, the bore is slightly larger but I added the rings to fill that gap. The wheels are perfectly centered and with proper torque they aren’t going anywhere.
That’s great. I buy wheels that fit right to start with.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Making something fit…and something fitting right to start with are not the same thing. I came up with the perfect fitment for these cars back in 2020…it’s been emulated literally thousands of times. No hub rings required…hub centric fitment, not lug centric.
If you’re happy…I’m happy for ya.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I read all about it and It was great that you went through all of that trouble to figure it out. I even took your advice on using Lionhart tires. Trust me, I know that you’re very knowledgeable and your set up is amazing. It’s just not for me and I’m ok with having to use a spacer, not a big deal. Plus, not all wheel manufacturers make wheels with a 70.5 hub bore. That makes it limiting to people if you have to stick with wheels only with that hub bore unless you buy custom wheels similar to yours where you pay more any they give you every spec you want. Not everyone is willing to pay that kind of money for wheels and may not find the exact style they want even if they did pay that much. Can you honestly say that a set up like mine or the one that the original poster wants will be a problem? I’ve had many sets of wheels, some that fit exact and some that are lug centric and never had a problem with any of them. I’m guessing most people don’t.