Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Been a member for a while but never really posted so I’ll start here

Reactions
Been a performance car junkie before I could reach the pedals won’t bore everyone with all the past cars. But I had a 2020 A10 Performance Pack Mustang GT that I traded for a pre owned Mercedes E63S AMG that was Delivered and they picked up the Mustang. And the car wasn’t exactly as described had it for a month going back and forth with the Ford dealership and they agreed to take it back and bought an Iconic silver 2021 Explorer ST. Absolutely love the truck but had to make it my own. So slowly have been working on that as time and funds have allowed as I also have a 2017 Challenger Hellcat that’s sitting in the shop now for some maintenance and upgrades.

So far thanks to Hurricane Ian the truck has had a full repaint because it was left outside because didn’t have room for it in the garage. At that time had the top painted black for some contrast and moldings and bumpers body color. But the moldings and bumpers weren’t done very well. So recently went through the process of having all of that redone.

Suspension wise it has H&R springs, Steeda front and rear Sway sway bars set at the most aggressive setting and Steeda strut tower bar. Niche 22x10.5 in wheels et 20 I know I know they shouldn’t work but I’ve not had any issues with Atturo 305/35/22 tires and two 12” subs and amp from my recently sold BMW I tossed in the back. So far I’m really happy with it. Future plans are an intake and exhaust and then I’ll probably take a break for a while. Thanks for reading this long post.

Attachments

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Been a performance car junkie before I could reach the pedals won’t bore everyone with all the past cars. But I had a 2020 A10 Performance Pack Mustang GT that I traded for a pre owned Mercedes E63S AMG that was Delivered and they picked up the Mustang. And the car wasn’t exactly as described had it for a month going back and forth with the Ford dealership and they agreed to take it back and bought an Iconic silver 2021 Explorer ST. Absolutely love the truck but had to make it my own. So slowly have been working on that as time and funds have allowed as I also have a 2017 Challenger Hellcat that’s sitting in the shop now for some maintenance and upgrades.

So far thanks to Hurricane Ian the truck has had a full repaint because it was left outside because didn’t have room for it in the garage. At that time had the top painted black for some contrast and moldings and bumpers body color. But the moldings and bumpers weren’t done very well. So recently went through the process of having all of that redone.

Suspension wise it has H&R springs, Steeda front and rear Sway sway bars set at the most aggressive setting and Steeda strut tower bar. Niche 22x10.5 in wheels et 20 I know I know they shouldn’t work but I’ve not had any issues with Atturo 305/35/22 tires and two 12” subs and amp from my recently sold BMW I tossed in the back. So far I’m really happy with it. Future plans are an intake and exhaust and then I’ll probably take a break for a while. Thanks for reading this long post.
That’s a clean ride! I like that color combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Welcome to the forum! Beautiful ST. Well done on the mods. I have +25 wheels myself so I am an outlier too! :LOL:

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thank you guys for the warm reception. I was really expecting to get roasted to smithereens for my wheel and ET choice/set up but I took a chance and ran with it. As it hasn't been my first rodeo on wheel and tire set ups. And I do understand some of my wheel choices and set ups aren't everyone's cup of tea. But I I do believe there are some options beyond the the standard this is the only one that will work that seems very prevalent here. But I am in no way trying to ruffle any feathers as the new guy or throw shade, lets just say I got lucky. But I will use My old BMW as an example now I do understand this is not everyone's cup of tea. But this was a square 19x10 set up with an et that almost everyone said wouldn't work lowered on again H&R's and everyone that saw it loved it or at least pretended to lol even at the dealership lol.

Attachments

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
SEXY!!

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150

Usually +30 offset is the only way to go, but that stance is awesome! Welcome.

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Thank you all for the warm welcome everyone I hope to learn allot from you guys here. And I knew I was taking a huge chance on my wheel choice but I was willing to take the risk from my past experiences on wheel choices and fitments and some measurements but I wont lie and say I wasn't nervous as heck until they dropped it down to the ground. Because I did read every wheel post and threads I could find on here and facebook and everywhere else I could find on the topic butt I said well I will dare to be different and be that guy or the guinea pig and if it works great and if it doesn't well i'll just just have a very unhappy wife. Fortunately it worked because I Just happened to get the work order bill for my Hellcat (on my my way to the shop to check on it) on the same day I put the wheels on.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Welcome.