Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Best Downpipes out there?

dorian!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I was looking to do a little upgrade to my car and get downpipes.

I've been looking around and I came across with these 3 options:

1. FENFABrication
2. SPD Performance
3. CV Fabrication

What would be the difference and why the prices are different? do they perform better?
Thank you.

OP
D

dorian!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #2

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The absolute best will be any of them using GESI G Sport cats.
If what you really mean is what’s cheapest…CVF with a discount code from Tyler Clark.
All will perform the same…build quality is probably the best with FenFab but anything that needs a defouler is NOT emission compliant….only G Sports are certified.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
I was looking to do a little upgrade to my car and get downpipes.

I've been looking around and I came across with these 3 options:

1. FENFABrication
2. SPD Performance
3. CV Fabrication

What would be the difference and why the prices are different? do they perform better?
Thank you.
They all perform the same. It’s just the quality, although the differences might not be worth it for most people.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I would stay away from any requiring defaulters as mentioned. You can also have them ceramic coated if you want to improve heat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer St
I have spd's didnt have any complaints with them until I snapped one above the cat on Monday. I made a post on it haven't heard of this in any other cases but thought I'd share.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I have spd's didnt have any complaints with them until I snapped one above the cat on Monday. I made a post on it haven't heard of this in any other cases but thought I'd share.
You also modified them and welded on them. Can’t lay that break at SPD’s feet.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer St
You also modified them and welded on them. Can’t lay that break at SPD’s feet.
Yes correct the only modification to them was I had a vband at the very end of them welded on where they meet the mid pipes. I'd say this is more of a product fault specially after speaking to customer service saying it was a known issue with their version ones and how clean the break was. These are the version 2 with the flex section directly on the DP and yet still broke Ill be pulling them of this weekend to inspect better but it looks like the weld did not penetrate. I'm not saying this is the case with all gen 2 SPD downpipes but this particular set seem to have been flawed due to the nature of the break.