Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Best tire size for police interceptor rims

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
So curious what everyone did about the tpms? You just rolling with the light on or get a new set of sensors.

OP
MaverickX

MaverickX

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #22
So curious what everyone did about the tpms? You just rolling with the light on or get a new set of sensors.
I got a set of sensors from my Ford dealership, took them to my tire shop where I was having my winter tires installed onto the police interceptor rims. They programmed the sensors, installed them, and here we went. :)

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
I got a set of sensors from my Ford dealership, took them to my tire shop where I was having my winter tires installed onto the police interceptor rims. They programmed the sensors, installed them, and here we went. :)
Figured as much. Seemed crazy to go through all of that work and not get them installed.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Overall size seems to be about the same from the factory wheels so shouldn’t be any issues with the Speedo?

Did anyone have fitment issues with center caps? Seems like factory lugs should be fine after you take the caps off?

jfilifsj

Paramedic
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
Where can I buy centre caps at a good price?

Reactions
Vehicle
(2) 2021 Explorer ST (White & Carbonized Grey)
Overall size seems to be about the same from the factory wheels so shouldn’t be any issues with the Speedo?

Did anyone have fitment issues with center caps? Seems like factory lugs should be fine after you take the caps off?
I used the factory nuts without modifying them, and didn't have any issues with the center caps.

Reactions
Vehicle
(2) 2021 Explorer ST (White & Carbonized Grey)
Good luck with that. I bought the center caps last year and almost nobody had them, and those that did were charging like $75/ea.

OP
MaverickX

MaverickX

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #28
I got a set from Metro Motors Ford dealer in PoCo (Metro Vancouver). Pretty cheap, like $17 CAD each.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Anyone know if the 2014-19 PIU centre caps (part# DG1Z-1130-B) would work with the 18” police steelies (part# LB5Z-1015-B) on an ST?
Visually they look the same, and they are quite a bit cheaper than LB5Z-1130-F. But wanted to confirm.