Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Break in period limiting RPMs

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
Does anyone have a definitive answer on if the 2025s have an RPM limit for a break-in period? If yes, what is the duration of the break-in period? The read I ask is that I have a couple hundred miles on my new 25 ST and its falling over and soft shifting at 6500 RPMs.

Thanks!

Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Please describe, "falling over." May I ask which mode you are driving in?

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
ST model.

By falling over, I should have said falling on its face... AKA, experiencing a sudden loss of acceleration and then taking a long moment to shift. This is all at 6500 RPMs, which I find odd for even a stock motor to have a redline/rev limiter sub 7500.

Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Not which model, which driving mode?

Reactions
Yea…they don’t spin to 7500. You’re running into the end of what it has to give.

Last edited:
OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Yea…they don’t soon to 7500. You’re running into the end of what it has to give.
Yea…they don’t soon to 7500. You’re running into the end of what it has to give.
That's unfortunate! Now, I can only wait for someone to decrypt the ECU and tune it!

Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Does anyone have a definitive answer on if the 2025s have an RPM limit for a break-in period? If yes, what is the duration of the break-in period? The read I ask is that I have a couple hundred miles on my new 25 ST and its falling over and soft shifting at 6500 RPMs.

Thanks!
Am I missing something here? Redline is around 6200 RPMs so of course it isn’t going to rev past that. Your going to hit the rev limiter and that’s what it sounds like your doing.