Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Break in period …..

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
I know it’s probably not real, but still feel like I need to follow the stupid rule. Thought it was hard with my last one, 2021 Tahoe RST, that was only 500 miles vs 1000.

Reactions
Drive it like you’re gonna drive it, do the required services at the correct intervals using quality products and enjoy your car.

OP
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. Got my required basics done already, front windows tinted to match the rears and de-badged. Optimuz hitch cover ordered, hoping Milton doesn’t hit FL as hard as they’re saying it might.

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
About 1K miles now on mine. Already upgraded and working with ZFG on tunes. My plan was to "wait a few years", then "wait till like 10K miles", then "F it I wanna play now". Plus doing a bunch of research that modern vehicles after a few hundred miles have all that they need in terms of "break in". It is more about varying driving habits than anything else for the first few hundred miles. It could all be BS but thats what I decided to believe from reading around the net.

I did replace the oil recently like 900 miles and about to throw some amsoil 75W-110 in the rear diff when I do the steeda brace. There's some research by oil geeks out there that a sub-1K first oil change does have benefits, and I figure with the rear diff stories here it can use some TLC getting that first pass of metal goo off the magnets AND a bit higher viscosity will hopefully help keep her healthy longer term.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
If you baby it too much you won’t properly seal the piston rings. I drove mine hard out of the gate with one exception. I avoided revving it to redline for the first thousand miles but that’s it.

Also a big fan of changing initial fluids after a few thousand miles for cheap insurance getting the breakin metal out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk