Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Capable scan tool other than Forscan

93coupe

Reactions
Looking for a scan tool that's capable of entering/exiting brake maintenance mode other than forscan? Don't need the best snap-on deal but something can handle it. I'm not exactly computer savvy so looking for an alternative method.
Thanks in advance!

OP

93coupe

Reactions
Thread Starter #3

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Looking for a scan tool that's capable of entering/exiting brake maintenance mode other than forscan? Don't need the best snap-on deal but something can handle it. I'm not exactly computer savvy so looking for an alternative method.
Thanks in advance!
What’s wrong with Forscan?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I found that Forscan is not reliable for maintenance mode activation. I had multiple attempts before it finally worked. Better to do it with the method Dale posted?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I placed my 23ST into brake service mode using Forsan and could not return to normal mode using Forscan, the Above procedure will not work with newer Explorers, the procedure below worked. This happened about 6 months ago, hopefully Forscan has been upgraded.

Last edited:

Explorer ST Posts