Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

CEL Came on - Tuning Related Question

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Today a CEL came on, codes are P0456 / P0496, which appear to be the purge valve.

I am thinking of bringing it to the dealer to get it done quick instead of a shop I normally go to that is about 25-30 miles away. Guessing they will flash the car, so my question is, with my mods, if the car is returned to stock, will it be OK to drive until I reload the tune? I have read mixed reviews from posts that are over a year old, so I want fresh insight.

CVF catted downpipes
CVF Intercooler
Thermal 3" Cat-back
S&B Intake
ZFG Tune

Thanks
-Chris

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Today a CEL came on, codes are P0456 / P0496, which appear to be the purge valve.

I am thinking of bringing it to the dealer to get it done quick instead of a shop I normally go to that is about 25-30 miles away. Guessing they will flash the car, so my question is, with my mods, if the car is returned to stock, will it be OK to drive until I reload the tune? I have read mixed reviews from posts that are over a year old, so I want fresh insight.

CVF catted downpipes
CVF Intercooler
Thermal 3" Cat-back
S&B Intake
ZFG Tune

Thanks
-Chris
You’ll be perfectly fine without the tune. Those mods don’t require a tune just help power with a tune.

BrooseDaMoose

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Just be aware that returning it to stock will reset the key cycles which is a dead give away that the vehicle is tuned. I know this from experience!

OP
G
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Just be aware that returning it to stock will reset the key cycles which is a dead give away that the vehicle is tuned. I know this from experience!
Gotcha. Yeah, not too worried if the dealer finds out. Just don't want them to flash the car and then beat the shit out of it on a stock tune with these mods.

Seems it won't be an issue though.

Explorer ST Posts