Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Check Engine Light during vacation, please help

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Hi guys,
Today I was driving for a few hours on a way to a family vacation and the check engine light came on all of a sudden after using the gear to reduce the speed.
The vehicle has around 20K kilometres on mileage and the oil was changed a few months ago and at about 60%. I also use premium fuel only.
Because I’m very far away from home I want to know if I should get the car in the garage (and give up on the vacation) or wait until I’m back home.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Down here, most auto parts stores will connect and read the codes without charge. Is that a possibility?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Anything that brings up the CEL should be looked at. There are plenty of minor faults that don't trigger a CEL, only a code stored. Is it a persistent CEL engine symbol light or are you talking about a dash warning saying one of the drivetrain features is disabled (which happens more commonly).