Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Cold Acceleration Issues

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Does anyone here have issues with cold acceleration and shifting? The car really falls flat as if it’s shifting up too many gears at once does anyone know if the Ford tune will take care of this issue?

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Does anyone here have issues with cold acceleration and shifting? The car really falls flat as if it’s shifting up too many gears at once does anyone know if the Ford tune will take care of this issue?
The engine and Transmission are still cold. You have to wait until the car is truly warmed up to expect optimal shifting. That being said you shouldn’t feel very abnormal shifting.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
To me, shifitng is rough or ungainly when car is cold. Like 2020FordRaptor says, I just go easy on the throttle until warm.

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
The engine and Transmission are still cold. You have to wait until the car is truly warmed up to expect optimal shifting. That being said you shouldn’t feel very abnormal shifting.
Thank you for responding.

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
To me, shifitng is rough or ungainly when car is cold. Like 2020FordRaptor says, I just go easy on the throttle until warm.
Thank you for responding.