Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Dragon pics

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Tuesday I went down to Franklin NC after leaving Asheville to catch Moonshiner 28, and yesterday morning about 8AM I left the hotel and headed north on 28 to the NC end of the tail of the dragon. Anyway Killboy was out taking pics this time so here they are.

4517529.jpg 4517530.jpg 4517531.jpg 4517532.jpg 4517533.jpg 4517534.jpg 4517535.jpg

Last edited:
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Thread Starter #2
A couple of turns later 129 photos was out there too, so here they are.

4517526.jpg 4517527.jpg 4517528.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Looks like a date with the Prom Queen!
Very nice.

OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
You know, when I retire I think I'll move down to eastern TN so I can be closer to the dragon. It's an 8 hr drive from the Cleveland area where I'm at.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You can drive on the mayo…stay off the mustard. Cardinal rule…don’t break it.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Ahhh the memories
Last time I was on thst road. We were driving a 2006 f350 dually crew cab.. screaming around the turns was not the thing to do in 8k lb battleship
But very nice scenery
Thanks for sharing. That ruby red/ lucid red is a grabber

Jetiemann

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Looks fun. Any suspension mods?

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
You can drive on the mayo…stay off the mustard. Cardinal rule…don’t break it.
Was just thinking that lol.

Pics look great...such a fun drive for sure. Haven't been able to get ST out there yet but many great trips for sure!

OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
LOL, you posted pictures of yourself and your inability to stay in your lane...
So what, I was having fun and didn't want to push too hard, not knowing the road to well. It was only the second time I've been there, the first time was 2 years ago.

Jetiemann

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
So what, I was having fun and didn't want to push too hard, not knowing the road to well. It was only the second time I've been there, the first time was 2 years ago.
I was hoping it was a joke. Sad that people feel the need to say stupid shit like this. Reminds me of my ex-wife.

Reactions
If you don’t want to push too hard you slow down and make sure you stay in your lane.
It’s your job to make sure you do everything in your power to NOT cross the yellow lines. People literally get killed because of inexperienced drivers doing this…there’s no “so what” that can justify poor driving. I’ve seen 2 bikers killed on canyon roads because someone couldn’t keep their cars in their lanes…one on Mulholland and one on Rim of the World. It’s really not cool to be so flippant about it.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
"Didn't know the road too well" is the shittiest excuse ever, learn to drive. I can go to any road anywhere in the country and stay in my own lane. I can't count the number of times I've come around corners up there and people just like you are across in my lane. I've rolled up on so many wrecks up there because of shit like that, it's not a fun time.