Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Engine Oil Level Low Disabled?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I have read how a couple people have had thier engines blow and found them low or without oil and never got a warning. When I was making some changes with Forscan in the IPC module I noticed a setting for "Engine Oil Level Low" and it is disabled! Is this because there is another setting elsewhere that controls this warning or maybe this is why people didn't get a warning?
Oil Level.jpg

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I have read how a couple people have had thier engines blow and found them low or without oil and never got a warning. When I was making some changes with Forscan in the IPC module I noticed a setting for "Engine Oil Level Low" and it is disabled! Is this because there is another setting elsewhere that controls this warning or maybe this is why people didn't get a warning?
View attachment 25502
I’m not sure we even have an oil level sensor. In fact I always thought that was a diesel engine thing and maybe a high end car thing. All my diesels had one but I don’t think I’ve ever had a gas car with an oil level sensor. Perhaps others will come in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
I know my Rangers have all had them. They are just made/unmade switches but they are there. Ultimately you should be checking the oil level and not depending on them but still. But if there is no low oil sensor then that would explain why it's disabled.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I went through the docs a few years ago on my '20. No oil level sensor. Might have changed on new models, but I doubt it.

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Strange that they would do away with this but I guess they have. All the more reason to be diligent about checking your oil level often!

Explorer ST Posts