Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Explorer lunging at high speed while parking

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
You can continue to try and justify your driving error with internet searches, but you will only find simple non-technical explanations of electronic throttles written for relatively ignorant consumers.
You will never “find” the root cause because you made an error. Not intentional or even aware, but the facts of the event remain unchallenged with truth. You are not alone in your experience, or your unbelieving search for the cause.
I assume you’re still driving the vehicle?

Coffeehouse

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I’ve never experienced this in my ST. I have Weathertech floor mats and they fit well.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
You can continue to try and justify your driving error with internet searches, but you will only find simple non-technical explanations of electronic throttles written for relatively ignorant consumers.
You will never “find” the root cause because you made an error. Not intentional or even aware, but the facts of the event remain unchallenged with truth. You are not alone in your experience, or your unbelieving search for the cause.
I assume you’re still driving the vehicle?
The issue I am still having with this whole thing is that my ST will apply the brakes and flash a warning on my dash before I hit something. Michelle, did this happen in this situation?

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
The issue I am still having with this whole thing is that my ST will apply the brakes and flash a warning on my dash before I hit something. Michelle, did this happen in this situation?
The Emergency Braking system doesn’t work below a certain speed. I believe something like under 3-4 MPH it isn’t operational.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I think OP has been driving around with this on

20240911_194551.jpg