Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Explorer ST w/ Grill Guards

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Does the black horse interfere with sensors? Auto stop, proximity?

Does it interfere with forward cameras and side view of the camera? Can someone post pictures?

OP
Chrisicle
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
Only inter
Does the black horse interfere with sensors? Auto stop, proximity?

Does it interfere with forward cameras and side view of the camera? Can someone post pictures?
only with the proximity sensors, no one makes a relocation kit yet. So I had to wire one up my self, still trying to figure out how I want to mount them.

also visibility isn’t to bad, probably 80% out the front camera? 181B42BB-EE97-41A8-B231-C0FEC32A6FB7.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Is this the black horse grill guard or the police push bar?

My gripe with the black horse grill guard is amazon reviews said they had to do cutting and modification.

Has it interfered with auto stop aka emergency brake feature? And can you post a photo? Its the only blocker for me install.

If emergency breaking works then I can keep texting and driving in stop and go traffic .

I also just installed the naviks 360 camera speed lockout bypass (took 6hrs from trial and error, and mods to original connectors) for san francisco parking lots and streets…Write up to come soon.

OP
Chrisicle
Reactions
Thread Starter #24
This looks great! I assume it is the Black Horse Off Road Grille Guard. Do you know SKU b/c when I look it up all I get is for a 1998-2004 Chevy S-10 Blazer.

Also - How do you like the Timberline Wheels and Tire combo? I am thinking of swapping mine out as well and curious if notice any significant performance loss and/or rubbing where I believe they are ever so slightly larger than our stock wheels.

Thanks
Sorry just seeing this, the tires definitely feel softer driving around. The most obvious difference funny enough was jumping curbs, I fond on the factory 21's you need a lot more throttle input to climb a curb. So the 18"s make a noticeable difference, I didn't do any offroading on the factor setup but I do know dirt roads feel better.

OP
Chrisicle
Reactions
Thread Starter #25
My latest pic, I get that its not for everyone but I love a utilitarian do anything go any where type of vehicle. That was the foundation the explorer was built on 30 years ago and thats how I will always feel about these.

1717813221902.png

Jetiemann

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
In my opinion, both of these push bars are built specifically for law enforcement functions. While they will work for other purposes, thats not their designed intent. The second push bar with the lower bars around the front are specifically built for PIT maneuvers.

Explorer ST Posts