Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford dealership website updated with car VIN before car was shipped. Car is NOT at dealership yet even though VIN listed on website as in lot.

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford explorer ST 2024
Below info is incorrect it was showing on site as in stock on their website and the contact I was working with said it was there however after they spent a day looking for it manually they realized its not actually there yet. so was told incorrectly it was there but thankfully i didn't drive the 2 hours to pick it up before hearing back. Best way to find true status yourself is to open chat with Ford on their site. they told me shipping estimate on mine is 9th of July - 15th of July. Sorry for the misinformation but apparently a lot of things are requiring manual processes to check right now with the ransomware attack.
My 2025 ST is showing as in build state still but i just checked and its on the dealers lot waiting for pickup. anyone waiting to hear from their dealership make sure your VIN isn't showing on their website. there's a ransomware attack that was credited to me not being notified of shipping.

Going to sign papers and pick it up this afternoon. build start date was listed as 6/24 but it showed in progress earlier than the week of scheduled build.

Last edited:

jaccardo75

Reactions
Vehicle
25 ST
Great news! Post pics/update once you get it!

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
My 2025 ST is showing as in build state still but i just checked and its on the dealers lot waiting for pickup. anyone waiting to hear from their dealership make sure your VIN isn't showing on their website. there's a ransomware attack that was credited to me not being notified of shipping.

Going to sign papers and pick it up this afternoon. build start date was listed as 6/24 but it showed in progress earlier than the week of scheduled build.
View attachment 23825
Congrats! Must be exciting!

Reactions
Vehicle
25 Explorer ST & 21 F150 PB
I NEED PICS :)

f1xedgear

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
I'm skeptical. Mine is not done yet but my order was a month before OPs, was scheduled and started production earlier and I live closer to Chicago.

I hope it's real though , give us pics!

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST

View attachment 23825
Great news! Post some pics when you get it.
I just purchased a 2024 F-150 Lariat high option from Randy Marion this past Friday.
That dealership is huge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Svenn

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 ST
I contacted Randy Marion and they reported they hoped to see them soon, but none yet.

Mackdaddy

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Great news for you, I can't wait, I called my salesman and he's going to let me know what the true status of mine is as it's been showing in production since 6/14, we need pictures when you pick yours up at least I can daydream, lol

Reactions
Vehicle
25 Explorer ST & 21 F150 PB
I'm going to call the bluff on a 6/26 blend date being shipped/arrived in NC this quick.

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
Ford explorer ST 2024
Thread Starter #10
So update... it was showing on site as in stock on their website and the contact I was working with said it was there however after they spent a day looking for it manually they realized its not actually there yet. so was told incorrectly it was there but thankfully i didn't drive the 2 hours to pick it up before hearing back. Best way to find true status yourself is to open chat with Ford on their site. they told me shipping estimate on mine is 9th of July - 15th of July. sorry for the misinformation but apparently a lot of things are requiring manual processes to check right now with the ransomware attack.

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
Ford explorer ST 2024
Thread Starter #11
I'm skeptical. Mine is not done yet but my order was a month before OPs, was scheduled and started production earlier and I live closer to Chicago.

I hope it's real though , give us pics!
any updated estimate on yours whats your build date?

MIBuckeye

Reactions
Thinking it's all BS at this point. I spent way too long waiting for my Bronco to deal with this again. My blend date was 6/13 and still nothing. Called Ford. No info. They say it's built but no evidence of it. I am now on my third month extending my lease. Sitting on a lease end purchase of 28.5K on my 21 loaded with 40K miles. This delay is making me question whether the wait is actually worth the upgrade. The fact that Ford will not even provide info for the dealer to provide me an estimated lease payment is a joke. I'm about to just pull the trigger on the 21 and buy it and wait it out a little while. Odds are the initial lease payments will be insane like the Bronco's were which made me walk from my initial order too.

Jamo

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
As of today mine is still scheduled to be sent to the dealer between the 10th and 16th. I am located in the western suburbs of Chicago so I will let you all know when it arrives.

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
As of today mine is still scheduled to be sent to the dealer between the 10th and 16th. I am located in the western suburbs of Chicago so I will let you all know when it arrives.
I hope you get it asap! Mine has been “in production“ for 3 weeks. Ford customer service doesn’t have any additional information.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Pretty normal last few years
Once it's on a train etc. It shows upon dealer website ..one day it shows in transit to dealer then magically it shows on lot
But it's still in transit from train to truck etc
You would think the post office is in charge of tracking....

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Pretty normal last few years
Once it's on a train etc. It shows upon dealer website ..one day it shows in transit to dealer then magically it shows on lot
But it's still in transit from train to truck etc
You would think the post office is in charge of tracking....
Mine has been showing on the dealer website for about 2 weeks.

Jamo

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Yeah I texted my dealer this morning after I posted to be sure nothing has changed and he said when he checked it today it is still showing it should be at the dealer within the next 10 days. As is usual with Ford, it could show up right on the 10th or magically show up tomorrow lol. Either way I got the go ahead to pull my XPlan pin to prep for the sale so here's hoping.