Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FORSCAN in regards to piped in or fake engine noise and ANC

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
myself and nightshade are managing the explorer forscan spreadsheets,
i found some issues that may or may not concern many ST drivers
The ST i have, has the 14 speaker B and O stereo upgrade in the technology package. i suspect most STs are equipped with the tech package.
below is what i found after a few weeks of trial and error to bring back the active noise cancellation and keep the enhanced piped in engine noise OUT.
as always, changes made are at your own risk, backup as built files are encouraged. I am merely passing along what i found
I plan to update the spreadsheet to reflect the findings with a foot note.

Removed piped in engine noise

My As built files were for DSP 783-01-01 D201-80DF

Changes to DSP recommended were _xxx-xxx-xx with 1st digit change to a C

If you select C it will turn off the ANC (active noise cancellation)

I did not make that change, because my AS built was D , which has the ANC (active noise cancellation) turned on, I am not sure how that was affecting my ST, but it came from factory in that setting.

My As built files for ACM 727-01-01 were 3003-14FE-1085

Changes to ACM 727-01-01 xxxx-xxxx-_xxx If 1st digit is a 1, then change it to 0

This turned off the ANC, so I tried a few other options and was successful in my vehicle of having the ANC work. I used the code 2 instead of 0
In my vehicle the ANC works and the engine noise is OFF. I am not sure if it’s the ST model or if Ford made these changes in 23 when it was built and were having issues with the 360 cameras.
DSP 783-01-01 *xxx xx--
"D" =CD Enabled • APIM Log Missing APIM messages • EM Disabled • ANC Enable ANC

ACM 727-01-01 xxxx- xxxx- *x--
"2" = ECD Not Present • SANC Enabled • SESEEVESE Disabled

i welcome folks to try this in their ST with technology package to and look at the AS built to see if they are similar

Explorer ST Posts