Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FP black lug nuts

Reactions
These are OE Ford lug nuts that were purchased through a Ford Performance dealer. Had them on since last January, with the wheels coming off just a couple times for some warranty service. Most of the coating has worn and many of them are bulged to the point that the socket would barely fit, if at all. Just an FYI for anyone considering them. Hoping they’ll pass a warranty claim. Going back to the factory chrome versions in any case.

Attachments

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
These are OE Ford lug nuts that were purchased through a Ford Performance dealer. Had them on since last January, with the wheels coming off just a couple times for some warranty service. Most of the coating has worn and many of them are bulged to the point that the socket would barely fit, if at all. Just an FYI for anyone considering them. Hoping they’ll pass a warranty claim. Going back to the factory chrome versions in any case.
The factory design is known to swell whether they are black or the chrome. Should definitely get those warrantied.

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Good to know.

Cduncan5

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
I had the same problem with my Mustang I had one hell of a time getting them off go to an aftermarket lug

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Get some solid aftermarket lug nuts. There are plenty of quality lug nuts out there, gorilla and McGard are two of the more popular brands. Every time I get a new ford vehicle I replace the junk factory nuts with McGard's. I have about 5 sets of factory nuts sitting in a box in the garage.

OP
jrgoffin
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Ford Performance sent out a new set, but I won’t end up using them. The stock lugs are fine for now and still look new.