Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Front passenger LED strip went out..

Reactions
Hello. Please help. Noticed the front passenger LED DRL (white strip) is out on my 2021 ST. What do I do? Is it a bulb. Do I need an entire new headlight? Any help is appreciated and sorry if theres a thread already in place regarding this.
Tks in advance.

Last edited:

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I believe you will need to replace the whole headlight assembly. The cost is over $1,000 unless your covered under a warranty. You may want to leave it alone until the headlight goes out. just a thought.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I believe you will need to replace the whole headlight assembly. The cost is over $1,000 unless your covered under a warranty. You may want to leave it alone until the headlight goes out. just a thought.
Wow. I thought it was just a bulb replacement or at least hoped. That sucks.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Check local junk yards if you need a replacement.

But I would consider checking and cleaning all contacts, and wires, before doing that.
If you can get it out and plug it into the other headlight pigtail, it might eliminate wiring questions from its original position.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Check local junk yards if you need a replacement.

But I would consider checking and cleaning all contacts, and wires, before doing that.
If you can get it out and plug it into the other headlight pigtail, it might eliminate wiring questions from its original position.
Oddly enough, I went back to check the light as night fell. I unlocked the doors and the light was still out. I opened the door and turned the light dial and the drl strip came on? Wth...now it's working again. Sounds like a wiring issue?

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Has to be a wiring issue. Also, another alternative since Ford only sells complete assemblies, is to get this DRL RGB kit and bake open your headlights and replace the DRLs with these aftermarket ones. Plus they’ll look cool. IMG_2766.png

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Has to be a wiring issue. Also, another alternative since Ford only sells complete assemblies, is to get this DRL RGB kit and bake open your headlights and replace the DRLs with these aftermarket ones. Plus they’ll look cool. View attachment 24161
Ya I saw these while looking through articles. That's pretty neat! Thanks everyone for the help.

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST 400a
Any chance it was a fluke? You know how pesky those fish are.

But seriously. If this is the first time and stays stable for a week or more, just let it go and see.
Those cables are a biotch to get to.
One is under the apim on passenger side. Driver side not as bad but….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk