Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Getting rear axle bolt fixed

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Hey guys, Question for the rear axle bolt under warrenty? Does the dealer have to drop the exhaust to get to this? I've read some of these threads and found conflicting answers. I also saw something about a pcm update? I am tuned and was planning on leaving the car tuned to drop it off. I know if they have to do anything to the car with the computer I would have to flash back to stock. Any info would be appreciated. They are also fixing the recall on the camera.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Attached is a PDF of the Rear Bushing replacement. I did not see anything about removing the exhaust.

Attachments

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #3
Attached is a PDF of the Rear Bushing replacement. I did not see anything about removing the exhaust.
Thank you!

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Hey guys, Question for the rear axle bolt under warrenty? Does the dealer have to drop the exhaust to get to this? I've read some of these threads and found conflicting answers. I also saw something about a pcm update? I am tuned and was planning on leaving the car tuned to drop it off. I know if they have to do anything to the car with the computer I would have to flash back to stock. Any info would be appreciated. They are also fixing the recall on the camera.
I would just reflash it back to stock just in the case they do do anything.