Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ghost In The Machine?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Twice now my dash display has gone wacky! Yesterday I started the vehicle and the display came on but only partially and I got a message stating "Key Not Detected". I hit the ok button and nothing happened. So I turned off the vehicle and restarted it and everything was fine. Today I start the vehicle and the display starts to come up and then goes completely black and I get the same message "Key Not Detected". The key is in my pocket where it always is and the vehicle starts up. Anyone experience anything like this before?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Yeah that's happened to me few times both on my 2020 and 2023. I just clear the message and forget about it. I've never worried about it.

Reactions
My 22' ST I had would tell me no key detected sometimes even though I had the fob on me. Even with a new battery it would sometimes still do it. The funny thing is, is that it only did it when I was up north her in Michigan when I was ATV riding. It never did it back home. Not sure if there was some weird interference where I rode or what the deal was. I traded it in last July and it only had 3,150 miles on it so it was still pretty much brand new. I never had it looked at for that issue because it was completely intermittent and only happening when I was almost 3-hours away from home. The scary part was that it wouldn't start until it finally recognized the fob was present.

My 2018 Fusion Sport screen sometimes glitches out and stays black. its rare but it has happened. If I turn off the vehicle and re-start it, it resets and is fine.

Yay for more electronics in our vehicles.. not so much!