Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Going to ST experience tomorrow

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
My wife and I went last year. What a blast for both of us!! Her screaming during the maneuvers and road course on the video was hilarious.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
So far, we've done the morning program, skid car/parallel parking and evassive lane change. Absolutely the most fun I've had in a car. Eating lunch now.

For those wondering, the "gifts" as of last night, backpack, chapstick, pen, RTic cup and the black ST badges. They apparently stopped with the phone charger, switched to the cup. Sadly, the cup doesn't fit in the Explorer's cup holders. :confused:

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So far, we've done the morning program, skid car/parallel parking and evassive lane change. Absolutely the most fun I've had in a car. Eating lunch now.

For those wondering, the "gifts" as of last night, backpack, chapstick, pen, RTic cup and the black ST badges. They apparently stopped with the phone charger, switched to the cup. Sadly, the cup doesn't fit in the Explorer's cup holders. :confused:
We had a blast too. Love the backpack.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
My wife and I went last year. What a blast for both of us!! Her screaming during the maneuvers and road course on the video was hilarious.
During the first “panic stop” there was a tremendous noise and thump in the cabin. It seems the cleaning crew had left their shop vac in the rear compartment and it came slamming forward into the seat backs. o_O

My “navigator” had back surgery the month before and the maneuvers were very hard and painful for her. It wasn’t smart of us so she sat out the coming runs.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
The backpack is really nice. The cup is, too. Just disappointed it won't work in the car.

Timed laps, got faster each lap. The one that counts I kissed a cone, it barely moved, but, it moved enough to cost me the 2 second penalty. Sadly, the second and third fastest Edge drivers both failed to stop in the stop box. Well, one would have, but did a "rolling" stop.

All I can say is I want to do it again. Next week. It was a blast.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I'm glad you guys are all having a blast!
My offer still stands for anyone not wanting their Black badges. :D

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
That,... is not a cup. :ROFLMAO:
It is a water container. Also not conducive to driving anyway, you have to unscrew it
You don't have to unscrew it, there is a flip up cover. I used it all day, but, my wife had to hold it while I drove, and I did while she drove. If I'd known, I would have brought the cup I used on the drive down.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I'm glad you guys are all having a blast!
My offer still stands for anyone not wanting their Black badges. :D
Sorry, my ST is black on black. I'm changing the badges when I get home. There were 16 participants today. (Plus guests). Hopefully, one of them will part with them for you.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
No need to apologize. Black on Black on Black? AC/DC would be proud. :cool:

OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Thread Starter #34
Look on Etsy for some black overlays. Make sure you get them for an Explorer ST, turns out that the badges are different sizes depending on the vehicle. I found out because the wife wanted my black badges for her Edge ST, but the front is smaller on the edge so I had to buy her some overlays that were edge specific.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
So, been thinking. I believe they're bringing in '25s next year for the class. Seems they'll be adding the ST Line as well for eligibility. So, there will be a couple dozen '20s going on sale. They had 36K miles on Friday. We know how hard they've been pushed. Presumably maintained by Ford, though.

Trying to decide if it's worth recommending to a friend looking for a used ST, or is it a bad idea to buy one of those.