Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

H&R springs OK for '25 but Steeda aren't, why?

valleyford

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
Went shopping for lowering springs for my '25, and originally I was interested in Steeda to keep the attack angle, but they said nogo for '25 (yet). From Support:

"Our Steeda Explorer Lowering Springs (2020-2023) do not fit the 2025
We will have a revised spring for the 2025 available soon."

Meanwhile, I've seen several folks with '25 models installing H&Rs, so I went ahead and ordered since those kind folks have already volunteered as tribute. Install of the H&Rs should be soon, along with already-ordered Steeda front & rear sway bars and end links and FenFab vertical links, too. Shop date sometime this month hopefully.

My question tho: why would existing model H&R (or other) springs be OK for '25 models but the existing Steeda springs not?

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
They probably haven't had a chance to verify them yet. Once they verify them, they will update their site. Or they are coming out with new springs. I for one wasn't happy with the steeda springs on my 21 so maybe they are revising them.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
That would be my suspicion too.