Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hello fellow ST owners.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer st
My name is Ricky Miller, from Dayton, Ohio. I have a 2020 white St, and a 2013 roush supercharged e-85 Mustang GT (684 HP).

My wife And I got her the explorer when she was diagnosed with cancer ( she is now cancer free). She wanted a bmw X6 M thank God I'm a ford guy and talked her out of that, she test drove the ST and fell in love.

So I live in a neighborhood where a street dead ends into my driveway at a cross street. Last night some drunk moron barreled through the stop sign and up my fairly steep driveway and into the front of the ST. We got so lucky there are about 12 ft of tracks where they slammed on the brakes. They barely tapped the ST, the only damage is minor paint transfer from the accord that immediately backed out and took off. So we are debating putting a bull bar or brush guard on the front. Any opinions or advice would help. Thanks. This link is to the video of the car!

https://neighbors.ring.com/n/ZKKM1WBueZ

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
My name is Ricky Miller, from Dayton, Ohio. I have a 2020 white St, and a 2013 roush supercharged e-85 Mustang GT (684 HP).

My wife And I got her the explorer when she was diagnosed with cancer ( she is now cancer free). She wanted a bmw X6 M thank God I'm a ford guy and talked her out of that, she test drove the ST and fell in love.

So I live in a neighborhood where a street dead ends into my driveway at a cross street. Last night some drunk moron barreled through the stop sign and up my fairly steep driveway and into the front of the ST. We got so lucky there are about 12 ft of tracks where they slammed on the brakes. They barely tapped the ST, the only damage is minor paint transfer from the accord that immediately backed out and took off. So we are debating putting a bull bar or brush guard on the front. Any opinions or advice would help. Thanks. This link is to the video of the car!

That’s really unfortunate that happened. IMO a brush guard isn’t a good look for a vehicle like the ST but that’s up to you. There’s a few options out there, but none that can keep the sensing system, so you have to disable the sensing system because of it (which is as easy as just pushing a button). Welcome to the forum!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST

Welcome to the forum.

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Welcome and that sucks your ST was hit!
Dang I so hate drunk drivers. They are the lowest form of life on earth!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST

First off, I want to congrat your wife on being cancer free and winning her fight!

Secondly, welcome to the forum!
I personally wouldn't compromise the look of the vehicle in anticipation of someone's careless ignorance. Bull bars are supposed to be illegal in some areas.
It might be a worthwhile inconvenience to put a protective metal gate at the end of the driveway. Or maybe even a drop-in metal post in the center.
Did the camera get the license plate?

BrooseDaMoose

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Welcome to the forum and congradulations to your wife for winning her battle!

It doesn't look like y'all have front plates where you live. That's unfortunate because you may have been able to see it in the video. It's required here in MA. At least there wasn't much damage! I'm with the others and don't think a bull bar would look right on the vehicle.