Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

High Mileage Explorer STs check in!

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Update from the last post at 39k. Im now at 50k and so far so good. It has been tuned and ran on e50 for the majority of the time. May need to do front brakes soon.

hbalek

Reactions
2020 with 79k. Just had the transfer case seal replaced, but now it’s slamming into gear from 6-5th. Off to the dealership she goes.. again
Currently at 52.6K miles.I got my rear differential, front axles. FADA and transfer case all replaced before 51K miles! Transmission rebuilt, new fuel pump and battery before 25K miles. Lots of major repairs all under powertrain warranty!

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just turned 40k on my 2022. I haven’t had it long. Runs great! I changed to full synthetic When I bought. Synthetic made a noticeable difference.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I just turned 40k on my 2022. I haven’t had it long. Runs great! I changed to full synthetic When I bought. Synthetic made a noticeable difference.
Please tell us more.

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
62k on my 22 now…no issue so far! Knock on wood!

Reactions
68k on my 20 ST. Cracked cat replaced but nothing else so far. Been using synthetic oil since first change. Assuming will need to do front brakes and battery soon.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Just flipped 1700 miles on our almost 3 months old new 23

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Please tell us more.
I haven’t done much. I drive straight highway for 50 miles each way 5 days a week. Synthetic seems a bit smoother on acceleration. Premium fuel feels better as well.

Capzir

Reactions
2020, preordered it, original owner

zero problems outside of my own doing

IMG_8441.jpeg

Reactions
2020 with 80k here, only major problem has been a rear diff, but probably attributed to having to run it 20 miles on the spare. Also replaced a wheel bearing at 50k but other than that no major issues outside of electrical bugs. Went to trade it in saturday, got a reality check on how bad these things have tanked in value in the last few months.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
2020 with 80k here, only major problem has been a rear diff, but probably attributed to having to run it 20 miles on the spare. Also replaced a wheel bearing at 50k but other than that no major issues outside of electrical bugs. Went to trade it in saturday, got a reality check on how bad these things have tanked in value in the last few months.
Hello,

I think I may have a bad rear wheel bearing with 51k.
Any sounds I should look for to conform?
I do hear what seems to be almost like a light rubbing, almost like when a brake rotor or pads need replacing.

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
nice to know I’m only halfway there lol!! 5K full synthetic oil changes and premium fuel all day everyday should keep the doctor or should I say the service dept away!! lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
81k here. Nothing but basic maintenance, getting new rotors next week and that will be the largest purchase since ownership (57k).

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
My 2023 has 29K miles after 16 months. Just had to have my strut caps replaced. Otherwise, rides smooth.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
2021 ST original owner - Aside from a torn CV boot, axle and backup cam replaced under warranty, all annoyances have been around software or a low quality interior.

My driving style has averaged 13-17 MPG through the years. Have used exclusively 93 Premium for its life, except during break in where I drove it 5K miles in under 2 days. Also, has been full synthetic since 9K mi. Kept my winters on year round since 15K - KO2s (noisy and bad in rain) and now A/T4Ws ((y)).

Catch can on since 5K miles, cleared out at each oil change. Custom magnaflow exhaust system at 5K mi has been holding up. Purchasing dealership disabled auto-engine off, the double honk when leaving car while on, and turned on auto high beams at delivery. These were all fantastic tweaks that made me enjoy the ST more.

Techs recently wiped all the programming with recent 24B47 update. So let’s see if I can stand it without.

IMG_3817.jpeg

Last edited:

Ktkambull

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
2020 with 90k

Reactions
Vehicle
25 Explorer ST & 21 F150 PB
2025 with 85 miles lolz

Explorer ST Posts