Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

how to reset NAV

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
this thing thinks we are in tennessee and we are in NC. Any way to reset the NAV in a 2023 ST

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
You can only reboot APIM: hold down PWR and FFWD until it reboots.

hbalek

Reactions
You can only reboot APIM: hold down PWR and FFWD until it reboots.
You can also do a factory reset. I had to do this once about 3 years ago when I used GPS to go home from the city and the NAV map and FordPass were still showing me in downtown instead of at home.

OP
J
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
I did the full reset and it fixed the map issue but also deleted the Sirius/XM account (called them and they reactivated it) also it did an “update” over wifi that fixed the intermittent Car Play issue. All good now.

hbalek

Reactions
I did the full reset and it fixed the map issue but also deleted the Sirius/XM account (called them and they reactivated it) also it did an “update” over wifi that fixed the intermittent Car Play issue. All good now.
Yeah sadly a lot of preferences, favorites and settings are lost after a full reset.