Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

I'm a lifelong Chevy owner, but...

Octane

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer Platinum
...I just bought this 2020 Explorer Platinum!
The twin turbo V6 really hooked me. I drove an ST first and kinda wanted that, but I'm really happy with the Platinum....and I couldn't pass up the deal I got on it either lol
High-ish miles at 90k, but I average about 5k a year so they'll even out soon enough.
Looking forward to learning more about this platform and de-chroming this thing a bit lol
I gotta say, the little I've read about Forscan has really peaked my interest! Gotta learn more about that too.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Nice whip! Welcome to the team.

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
The twin turbo V6 really hooked me. I drove an ST first and kinda wanted that, but I'm really happy with the Platinum....and I couldn't pass up the deal I got on it either lol
High-ish miles at 90k, but I average about 5k a year so they'll even out soon enough.
Looking forward to learning more about this platform and de-chroming this thing a bit lol
I gotta say, the little I've read about Forscan has really peaked my interest! Gotta learn more about that too.
Welcome! Nice looking ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Welcome!

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Welcome! I grew up with Chevys and GM and stayed with them until I bought my first new car in 1980…, and that was the end of it. Never buy another GM product, period stop. Ive had a Chrysler and Toyota before I bought my first Ford and later Mazda. I still own all Fords and one Toyota hybrid because Toyota builds the best hybrids, period stop. Ford builds the best enthusiast cars as GM is owned by woke idiots who build stupid shit. Not that it pisses me off or anything… lol

OP
Octane

Octane

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer Platinum
Thread Starter #6
Welcome! I grew up with Chevys and GM and stayed with them until I bought my first new car in 1980…, and that was the end of it. Never buy another GM product, period stop. Ive had a Chrysler and Toyota before I bought my first Ford and later Mazda. I still own all Fords and one Toyota hybrid because Toyota builds the best hybrids, period stop. Ford builds the best enthusiast cars as GM is owned by woke idiots who build stupid shit. Not that it pisses me off or anything… lol
I actually grew up around Fords and Lincolns, so I always liked them. But I always loved me some Camaros, so that's what stuck with me. Still have one lol.
Always had another Chevy as a daily car, but now the daily is a Ford.
We also have a Chrysler minivan, so I guess you could say we have one of each from the Big 3. lol

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Funny stuff. First car was a 68 Mustang that I loved. Chevy next.

Then Ford Winstar. That one blew a head gasket at 37k miles and Ford offered to ream me for a new engine even though they had a head gasket recall up to previous MY. I replaced the head gaskets over July 4th weekend in my garage cursing Ford.

GM for a long time after that. Mostly full sized SUVs and trucks and a Cadillac CTSV thrown in the middle.

Wanted to downsize and really liked the ST so I gave Ford another chance. Knock on wood only a couple minor issues and I really like this ride! After the upgrades it’s almost as track worthy as my CTSV I road raced and definitely as much fun to drive

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Congrats and welcome to the Blue Oval!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum/

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I’ll just leave this here for anyone thinking about getting rid of their GMJunk.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Congrats and welcome.