Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Infotainment wont stay in dark mode

Reactions
Can confirm rolling back to 22200 has fixed this issue. I can’t stand “day” mode on the screen. The developers of the sync system should go into other professions. It’s trash software. Always has been.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
2023 here, and Im having all the same screen issues. Bought mine new in January and i have about 6000 miles now. It started with the pixelated back up camera (sometimes) at around 3500 miles, then half a navi screen and now the auto mode instead of night mode.

Is this something the dealer can fix, is downgrading the software not something they will do?

Reactions
2023 here, and Im having all the same screen issues. Bought mine new in January and i have about 6000 miles now. It started with the pixelated back up camera (sometimes) at around 3500 miles, then half a navi screen and now the auto mode instead of night mode.

Is this something the dealer can fix, is downgrading the software not something they will do?
What is the SYNC version you are on? 23188 is the newest and solved a lot of issues the prior version caused. .

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Mine doesn’t even show a sync version. 2023 build date Nov 23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
It's in the Connectivity Settings. Everything you described is caused by the older software version from over a year ago. 23188 came out last September.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I just went thru this whole thing several weeks ago with my 2023. Wouldn't update to the new version for me, took it the dealer and they tried. Gave them all kinds of error codes. Per Ford when they get the error codes they then replace the APIM under warranty. Works perfect now, and I took it offline so no bad updates from Ford.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
It looks like it has 22251, how can i get 23188 on here?

Reactions
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
It looks like it has 22251, how can i get 23188 on here?

I was told by Ford, not the dealer. You can't update date it by Wifi, after the bad update they sent out they put a block on doing that. If you can get it updated to the new version, def turn off automatic updates. You're under warranty so all else fails, you'll get a new APIM and you're done with it. Ford needs to hire some new IT people that actually know what they're doing. That bad update they didn't test properly cost them a lot of money. Sometimes you can't fix stupid.

Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
This is the first I've heard of a block on over the air updates. Last time I looked, it was still offered as an option. My Wi-Fi update to the current version worked for me. I've seen more than a few who were unsuccessful with Wi-Fi. USB seems to be a simple answer for most.

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I just formatted my USB for exFAT, downloaded the files from the website and sitting in my vehicle updating my software. I’ll let you all know how it goes.
Oh and I do have the older Build 22251

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I just formatted my USB for exFAT, downloaded the files from the website and sitting in my vehicle updating my software. I’ll let you all know how it goes.

22251 is the one that caused issues. Good luck with it.

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Update!! Upload a success with the new version and everything so far seems to be working correctly.
I did turn off the update toggle as what others have mentioned.
Only took 10-15 minutes to program.
Hopefully I won’t have anymore issues.
Just follow the instructions carefully.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST

Same, picked up a usb today and just put the 23188 version on there. Ill update here if it holds my settings.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Last edited: