Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Interceptor amber DRL's on Explorer St

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer Timberline
Hi everyone, I drive a 2023 Explorer Timberline. I am wanting to have the front turn signals to act as parking lights as well. I don't want them as DRL, but I do want them if the parking lights are on or headlights are on. Still want them to act as turn signals as well. Anyone know how to accomplish that?

cmaybury

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer
Correct, i made a post on this earlier back in January, I have mines configured to where During the day the ambers stay on, and the white trim lights are set to "0" brightness, but at night the ambers stay on as well, but dont flash when you flip the turn signal switch left or right in the front. The ambers in the rear of the vehicle flash at night once you flip the turn signal on, but mines is set to where when the headlamps are on, the ambers are "locked" in place from the front, and only flash in the rear, not the front. However when the headlamps are off, both front and rear flash at the turn signal switch, and the front ambers resume position to both stay on once the left or right turn has been made. I can share my configuration from my vehicle to anyone if you want it, and either just play around with them on your own liking. Im still trying to find a way to configure the high beams to flash as police lights do, as my vehicle is being used for 1st responder purposes.
Can you share the configuration with me please?

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Hi everyone, I drive a 2023 Explorer Timberline. I am wanting to have the front turn signals to act as parking lights as well. I don't want them as DRL, but I do want them if the parking lights are on or headlights are on. Still want them to act as turn signals as well. Anyone know how to accomplish that?
The DRLs are just brighter than the parking lights. DrLs and parking lights use the same LED strip along the top of the headlights.

Reactions
Vehicle
The DRLs are just brighter than the parking lights. DrLs and parking lights use the same LED strip along the top of the headlights.
My DRLs are the white strip and the amber turn signals are below it. I want to make the amber turn signals to also act as parking lights. Currently there are no forward facing parking lights (this is factory, didn't even know that was legal to not have that)

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
My DRLs are the white strip and the amber turn signals are below it. I want to make the amber turn signals to also act as parking lights. Currently there are no forward facing parking lights (this is factory, didn't even know that was legal to not have that)
Yes there are, the LED strip dims to act as a parking light if set on that setting.

Reactions
Vehicle
Yes there are, the LED strip dims to act as a parking light if set on that setting.
I see, you are correct, sorry about that, never realized.

Whenever I make the front turning lamps set to Turn and Position, they do not work as turn. As mentioned by another it is probably something to do with the brightness. Anyone figure out how to make the front turning lamps be dim for Position?