Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

JUNK!

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I was told by the service manager at the Ford dealer I bought my ST from that the transmission fluid could not be checked because it is "a sealed unit." Not much confidence in them fixing anything.
Ridiculous. My purchasing dealer couldn’t get it aligned after I installed my steeda springs on a service trip. Never went back. My guy had no problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
This board is a very small microcosm of Explorer owners so it doesn't really represent everyones experience. I do share some of the OP's issues/concerns though and will probably never buy a Ford product again. I came from a 10-year-old Volvo and my wife has a Porsche Macan, comparing them to the Ford, for the money spent the overall build quality of the Ford is very poor.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Despite having my personal gripes with Ford’s cheap build material choices, having had owned German previously, my Explorer ST experience has been a cakewalk. Ford Sync engineers can go eat shit. I found the best no-BS Ford dealership on my coast and a reputable mechanic that combined has provided me an effective and cost efficient ownership experience. I just had front axle replacement, bank 1 cat leak repair, and transmission solenoid repair resolved under warranty this past week with no discomfort. Loaner and courtesy delivery included.

I think next sensible daily for me will likely be Toyota/Lexus, but I commend Ford corp working with the dealerships I patron in making me whole. I’m at that age I’ll be shopping for adaptive cloud suspension vehicles going forward.

Rating: 3.9 ⭐️ overall experience.