Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

JUNK!

gafool25

U.S. Navy Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
So in typical FORD fashion these things were built like crap! i mean look at all the issues we are having? a message board for troubles? and there are enough issues to go around the world twice! im waitng on the transmission to let go so i can put this dumpster fire in for lemon law! first major this was my engine went at 25K, then i was driving and i accelerated and blew the radiator hose blows off! i didnt drive it to far had to re attach the hose refill with fluid and got it to the dealership told them the issue the replaced the pinch clamp with a worm clamp did all the pressure tests and per them no damge to the engine but to be honest no im a little wary of giving it a good push on the go pedal for fear of it happening again? and dont say it! these things were meant to be driven hard!!! ford performance! not ford easy! some got good ones some got the ones built on the holiday or weekends! yes this is my rant, this will be the last ford i ever buy! good luck with those that have the new ones im betting they are bad as well casue the engine is the same just new fron and rear and interior! good luck! Fixed Or Repaired Daily, Found On Road Dead!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
First On Race Day! Say what you will but Ford vehicles are still the number one vehicle manufacturer on the road today. That's just statistics bro. My 2007 Ranger has 279,461 miles on it and the only major repair I've had to make was replace the transmission at about 247K miles. But, it's tuned, built and has a 75 Hp dry NO2 kit on it. I drive it hard! I replaced the timing chains at 272K miles because they were starting to rattle. I've towed my 5,200 Lb. camper all over the place with it and had no issues. I'm getting ready to hand it down to my daughter for her first vehicle. Now I know not every Ford vehicle rolls off the line perfect and the newer ones have more gadgets and electronic gizmos so a lot can go wrong. My buddy hated Ford too because he got an F250 that was a lemon. However, he bought a Silverado and that thing spent more time in the shop than it did in his garage! The rear-end let go, the tranny let go, one of the front axles blew apart driving on the freeway, not to mention the electrical issues he had. He now drives a Dodge Ram! They just traded in the wifes BMW because they were having so many issues with it. She's now driving the new Hyundai Santa Fe SUV. So they are all hit or miss. Just because one vehicle has issues doesn't mean the manufacturer's entire line up is junk! That's just my $0.02 about that.

Reactions
Boo fucking hoo. People go online to complain…rarely do they talk about how good their car is. Mine has been near flawless…I’d recommend this car to anyone.

Reactions
Boo fucking hoo. People go online to complain…rarely do they talk about how good their car is. Mine has been near flawless…I’d recommend this car to anyone.
Ditto! You can find very vocal complaints about all car manufacturers online but they don’t hear about the tens of thousands of happy customers. Sure Ford had more than its share of quality issues but there are thousands of happy drivers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Polizi212

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
jumping Jesus on a pogo stick! Cars a going to have issues! show me one car manufacture that hasn't! I have had cars from different manufactures and all have had something! I bought this one fully knowing that and fully expecting it, if it happens! but I am also moding my car so I take that risk even more. Name a car or a car company and go online and you will probably find a forum. Good luck man, I understand your frustrated and upset but one bad apple wont spoil the harvest!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
You should go read the Toyota Highlander forum. A lot of problem on that vehicle. 2022 Toyota Highlander rock crack the A/C Condenser. Its a common problem with the grill having a big opening. I did replace it for my sister.

Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
So in typical FORD fashion these things were built like crap! i mean look at all the issues we are having? a message board for troubles? and there are enough issues to go around the world twice! im waitng on the transmission to let go so i can put this dumpster fire in for lemon law! first major this was my engine went at 25K, then i was driving and i accelerated and blew the radiator hose blows off! i didnt drive it to far had to re attach the hose refill with fluid and got it to the dealership told them the issue the replaced the pinch clamp with a worm clamp did all the pressure tests and per them no damge to the engine but to be honest no im a little wary of giving it a good push on the go pedal for fear of it happening again? and dont say it! these things were meant to be driven hard!!! ford performance! not ford easy! some got good ones some got the ones built on the holiday or weekends! yes this is my rant, this will be the last ford i ever buy! good luck with those that have the new ones im betting they are bad as well casue the engine is the same just new fron and rear and interior! good luck! Fixed Or Repaired Daily, Found On Road Dead!
Just wow. My only response to any post like this is millions of Explorers are problem free, sorry you got one that wasn’t, but don’t assume Ford is always bad. Good luck with any future car.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
After three years I still have had zero problems with my 2022 ST. Not even a minor problem. Just zero.

Reactions
I understand your rant and I feel you are allowed to vent including on this forum. Some sympathy and empathy to you for your problems can go a long way. It deffinately sounds like you got a bad one. Too many people want to jump all over someone for not posting rosey glowing stories. I have had MANY, many issues with Ford over my lifetime and I guess I am proof that you can't fix stupid because I keep buying Ford. I'm a domestic vehicle guy first, but secondly, I have a hard time seeing myself in a GM or a Dodge vehicle. I have had (2) different vehicles engines go within the 3-year/36K warranty, I have had lots of transmission issues on various vehicles, electronic issues, axle issues, you name it. Lets all not forget about the 2012 and up Ford Focus issues they were screwing everyone with. It took them 10-yeard to admit publicly what everyone already knew who owned Focus's during that timeframe. I unfortunately bougt (2) Titanium Focus's at the same time in 2012 and could never keep them out of the dealership. I got Ford to finally buy one back and I had to lemon law sue them to off load the other one. I won the lemon law case!!! The point is, I feel your pain and I hope things look up in the future for you vehicle wise.

Last edited:

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
So in typical FORD fashion ….
So, I just ran through your posts since you joined to see why your experience may be …lacking and it is clear to me that you’re just ignorant of the operation, maintenance, and eventual modification of (any) vehicle. As a result, you are at the mercy of others who you allow(pay?) to do the things you can’t. In fact, you really don’t know just how much you don’t know. That is the worst situation to be in on ANY topic. Anyway, bless your heart and good luck in the rest of your life. You’re gonna need it…

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I also can see that “stupid” sticks together.