Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

JXB bushing insert

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I just bought a JXB rear diff bushing insert. They have been testing the 3D printed prototype for a few months and now a re selling the production version made from billet aluminum. They have a video of them testing it with and with out diff braces, its very revealing how much a stock setup moves around. Mine has shipped already and should be here on Sat.

https://www.jxbperformance.com/prod...mary&utm_source=order-status&utm_content=name

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Yes a lot of people have installed these already. Should at least help with movement. Anything help.

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
Interested to hear what you think!

OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
With this insert, I now have everything available to reduce or stop any movement of the rear diff. I have the steeda pinion support bushings, steeda rear diff brace, whoosh motorsports high strength diff and pinion bolts, and now the bushing insert.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I believe the upgraded whoosh bolt is longer than stock. I wonder if the added thickness with the JXB inserts means the stock bolt will not be threaded into the diff cover as much and if that's going to be a problem.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I believe the upgraded whoosh bolt is longer than stock. I wonder if the added thickness with the JXB inserts means the stock bolt will not be threaded into the diff cover as much and if that's going to be a problem.
Didn't seem to be a problem in their comparison video.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
A lot of people have already installed this combo and I haven’t heard of any problems yet.

OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
In the video on the JXB site the reuse the stock bolt and report no issues with it.

Reactions
I wonder what the difference in thread engagement actually is? Especially knowing it’s threaded into an aluminum housing.

OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
I haven't put mine in yet, but when I do I'll compare the stock bolt to the whoosh and see if the whoosh is longer.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I haven't put mine in yet, but when I do I'll compare the stock bolt to the whoosh and see if the whoosh is longer.
Stock bolt is M14 x 118mm. Looking at what class 12.9 bolts are out there, I'm thinking Whoosh is 120mm. They make up for the difference with a thick lock washer and another thick washer (conjecture). But with that hex head, I'm not sure you can get some extra thread engagement by replacing the lock washer and thick washer with a thinner washer--a thinner washer may not be strong enough.

It stands to reason if the JXB insert has 2-3mm face thickness, you lose 2-3mm in threading of the bolt.

Last edited:
Reactions
There’s 2.83” difference in length between a 190mm bolt and a 118mm bolt. I don’t think that’s it. lol