Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

JXB bushing insert

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Was there a difference between the left and right inserts? I see they have different part numbers. It sure doesn't look correct. Have you tried contacting JXB?
On the 2 bolt rear subframe, the two bushings are different. you cannot swap them accidentally. They are also different from the single bolt bushing, including the insert.

Update:. looking at JXB's own video (screenshot below), seems like the driver's side insert does stick out a little more. I guess it's normal.

IMG_0073.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
View attachment 24987

Can anyone with the double JXB inserts comment on the driver's side of mine? It sticks out quite a bit more than the passenger side. Torqued to about 140 ft lbs which is about all I could manage laying flat on my back with no real leverage. Just seems odd.
Mine looks exactly the same. I also thought something seemed off. I completed removed the bolt, checked the threads and all looked ok. I then reinstalled it while getting a bit more aggressive with the floor jack under the diff pumpkin just to make sure the screw wasn’t binging and preventing the insert from fully seating. On my 2 bolt setup the JXB insert fully seated in/on the right side, and sticks out just a bit on the left side just like what you have pictured.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
1725620312282.png

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
View attachment 24987

Can anyone with the double JXB inserts comment on the driver's side (left mount in the picture above) of mine? It sticks out quite a bit more than the passenger side. Torqued to about 140 ft lbs which is about all I could manage laying flat on my back with no real leverage. Just seems odd.
Yes this is normal. The metal center of the diff bushing on the driver's side sticks out further.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The difference must be subtle because in my leisurely driving this morning, I could not appreciate a difference.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
The difference must be subtle because in my leisurely driving this morning, I could not appreciate a difference.
You wouldn't notice any difference in any way with the bushings insert in normal driving scenarios.