Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Looking for 500hp, what’s the best plan 2023 ST 3000 miles

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I switched from zfg to goose and the shifting is a lot smoother. I can’t notice any drop off in power and the accessport is great, very user friendly. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man!

Polizi212

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I’d be happy to help set you up with 500whp. An intercooler and e50 will do that easily.

I also do this for a living, professionally. So same day replies is what you always get from me :)

https://www.goosetuned.com/product-page/goosetuned-20-23-ford-explorer-st-stage-2-combo-package

Not looking for the fastest ST on the street but I definitely wanna speed it up a bit. plus I need to keep this thing on the road for daily driving and I will be towing a smaller less than 4000 lb camper. DO I need to do the intake and the intercooler to achieve this, I plan on the intercooler just because of the added weight of a trailer might help, might not too I am still learning!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Not looking for the fastest ST on the street but I definitely wanna speed it up a bit. plus I need to keep this thing on the road for daily driving and I will be towing a smaller less than 4000 lb camper. DO I need to do the intake and the intercooler to achieve this, I plan on the intercooler just because of the added weight of a trailer might help, might not too I am still learning!
That’s exactly what I do, none of the fastest on the road type tuning. That comes with its own issues.

An intercooler really helps a lot. Like a lot. So I do recommend it. Everything else is not needed for your use case.

Polizi212

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
That’s exactly what I do, none of the fastest on the road type tuning. That comes with its own issues.

An intercooler really helps a lot. Like a lot. So I do recommend it. Everything else is not needed for your use case.
What level of tune should I be looking at?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
500whp isn’t as simple as just getting a Tune for e50, if your going to do it do it right. Get a 3 in catback- awe or thermal, a set of downpipes- they will help with top end power, get a cold air intake- S&b, fenfab etc, get a catch can- jlt, upr etc, get an intercooler- Cvt, whipple etc, get an ethanol sensor and an ethanol oil gauge or the sensor that works with blue tooth so you can monitor the ethanol content on your phone. Basically fbo plus and ethanol sensor, then get a tune- I’d recommend going with Goosetuned and getting an accessport. The above parts and tune will put you at around 525-530 awhp and maybe 550-560 tq. However, if you go chasing number be prepared to drop 7-8k on a built trans someday. These transmissions are weak from factory and aren’t rated for much more tq then they already come with.
I would also recommend getting a PPE transmission pan, the pan says it’s for the 10r80 don’t worry it fits, it’s cast aluminum instead of plastic and holds more fluid. It will help keep your trans temps lower when you’re driving hard or towing.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
500whp isn’t as simple as just getting a Tune for e50, if your going to do it do it right. Get a 3 in catback- awe or thermal, a set of downpipes- they will help with top end power, get a cold air intake- S&b, fenfab etc, get a catch can- jlt, upr etc, get an intercooler- Cvt, whipple etc, get an ethanol sensor and an ethanol oil gauge or the sensor that works with blue tooth so you can monitor the ethanol content on your phone. Basically fbo plus and ethanol sensor, then get a tune- I’d recommend going with Goosetuned and getting an accessport. The above parts and tune will put you at around 525-530 awhp and maybe 550-560 tq. However, if you go chasing number be prepared to drop 7-8k on a built trans someday. These transmissions are weak from factory and aren’t rated for much more tq then they already come with.
I would also recommend getting a PPE transmission pan, the pan says it’s for the 10r80 don’t worry it fits, it’s cast aluminum instead of plastic and holds more fluid. It will help keep your trans temps lower when you’re driving hard or towing.
Thank you!